Episode 4: The Secret Gets Out

~Henry's house~

"Here I come."

"No, you don't." Henry and Charlotte were sat on the couch, competitively playing a videogame.

"I'm gonna get ya!" Henry taunted his friend, as Jasper burst in through the door, interrupting the gameplay.

"Hey, guys." The curly-haired boy greeted them, dumping his back and showing them his phone.

"You gotta check this out."

"Quiet!"

"We're playing a game!" The two teens on the sofa were too preoccupied to look at whatever Jasper thought was important. Still, he pressed on.

"No problem, I'll take over your screen." He smirked, flicking the news video on his phone to the T.V, much to the annoyance of Charlotte and Henry. The news showed a live report on Captain Man, who was being interviewed by a pretty reporter.

"Just watch the video." He insisted.

"What video?" Henry complained.

"It's called 'Captain Man's big fail.'" Charlotte liked the sound of the dramatic headline and told him to play it. Henry, however, freaked out, not wanting to accidentally say something about Kid Danger in front of them.

"Uh, hey, look. My belly button." He said, trying to distract them, but it only made them look at him in confusion.

"Play the video," Charlotte instructed Jasper, who did as he was told.

"We're live in downtown Swellview, where the Phone Shark has struck again. This time, the Phone Shark bit through a dozen of people's cell phones, then fled the scene, once again escaping capture from Captain Man." The reporter described what had happened to the camera, whilst the superhero next to her shuffled awkwardly on his feet. By the guilty look on his face, Henry knew he hated that he'd been beaten again.

"Captain Man, isn't it true that the Phone Shark has been attacking people's phones for over a year now?" The woman continued, passing the mic to Ray so he could splutter out an excuse.

"Uh, yes, that is true." He replied simply.

"So, why don't you catch him?" The reporter didn't understand how hard catching slippery criminals was.

"Well, Kid Danger and I have been trying." Ray tried to tell her, but his excuses weren't working. Henry rubbed his eyes in panic and gave his friends the side-eye when he heard his alias being mentioned.

"Doesn't that bug you?" Henry knew it really bugged Ray. In the couple weeks, he'd been working with him, he'd heard him complaining to (y/n) several times about how he just couldn't catch him.

"Yes." Ray answered with gritted teeth. Jasper paused the video, and Charlotte expressed her sympathy for the poor man on the T.V.

"Aw, I feel bad for Captain Man." She said with a sad face.

"It's not Captain Man's fault, he needs a better sidekick." Jasper shared, not knowing about Henry's secret identity. His best friend looked at him in irritation as he sipped his drink.

"One more time?" He said, frowning.

"Just saying, I'd be way better at catching bad guys than Kid Danger." Jasper bragged, but Henry wasn't impressed.

"You couldn't catch butt warts." Henry scoffed back.

"Oh, yes he could. Remember fifth grade?" Charlotte reminded him.

"That was a rash! Big difference." The boy on her right defended himself as Henry stood up.

"Whatever, I think Kid Danger does a great job." Henry piped up, not letting his name get dragged through the mud.