Episode 18: Elevator Kiss

~The Man Cave~

Ray and (y/n) were both on the phone responding to a different emergency each. It was a busy night, and they were waiting on Henry getting down to the Man Cave as soon as possible.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yes, I understand. Has anyone been hurt?" Ray asked the person he was speaking to as he brought up the information he needed on the supercomputer.

"Wait, has anyone called the fire department?" (y/n) questioned the frantic woman on her call, watching as Charlotte helped her locate the scene.

"What do you mean they're at a softball game? How can the entire squad be off?" She replied to the woman in exasperation. She couldn't understand how the emergency services could take time off like that and leave Swellview in the lurch.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm on my way. But go ahead and call the police. Tell them to bring a tranquilliser gun." Ray pointed to the two females as he spoke to his caller, hinting that they should do the same. Charlotte began to type in the phone number, but Ray's words made her stop mid-tap.

"What do you mean the police are all playing softball? Oh, they're playing the fire department." The superhero rolled his eyes with (y/n), both of them thinking about how their incompetencies meant that it was down to Captain Man and Kid Danger to save the day.

"What? Okay, just tell me what floor it's stuck on." The woman blanched at what she just heard, sticking her finger in her free ear to block out the noise of Henry coming down in the elevator. Ray hung up just as the doors opened and the boy stumbled out.

"Hey, I'm here," Henry said to them, wondering what was going down.

"We have two emergencies," Charlotte told him, making the teen boy look at Ray and (y/n) in surprise.

"Whoa, what's going on?" He asked Ray, who walked away from the computer and over to his sidekick.

"There's a vicious alligator running through Swellview Park." The man replied.

"What's a vicious alligator doing in Swellview Park?" Henry questioned, wondering where the beast came from and how they were gonna stop it.

"Running wild." Ray reiterated. How would he know what an alligator was doing in the park? Well, he knew for sure it wasn't playing on the swings and eating ice cream.

"And somebody's stuck in an elevator on the 79th floor of the Nakatomi Tower." (y/n) told the boy the second emergency, making the boy cringe a bit at the headache they faced.

"Oooh, yikes, what are we gonna do?" Henry asked Ray, who was stroking his chin in thought.

"I'll go rescue the person from the stuck elevator. You go get that alligator." The man slapped his sidekick on the back, but (y/n) stood in front of him and folded her arms before he could walk away.

"Raymond..." She glowered at him and spoke in a warning tone.

"No, no, no. No way, Ray." Henry protested, the thought of facing the crocodilian by himself making him shiver.

"You can't make Henry go get a wild alligator by himself." Charlotte scolded her boss, who whined since he hadn't gotten away with his scheme.

"All right, fine. We'll flip for it. I call heads." Ray said, not wanting to give up just yet. He tossed the coin, but (y/n) smacked away in the air.

"I'm taking that quarter out of your pay-check." He pointed a finger at the woman, who just raised an eyebrow.

"You dare." She challenged him, not willing to sacrifice any of her measly wages. Sure, it wasn't a lot since she got to live in the Man Cave rent-free, but she was still protective over what little he gave her. After all, ice cream doesn't buy itself.