One

Athena

"Is it just me, or is coffee just immaculate?"

That first sip of coffee always gets me going. It's like drugs, but better.

"The good ones are immaculate. Those given out free in the dining hall tastes like bitter water."Owen said as he took his first sip and immediately got down to work on prepping for his classes for the semester which I weirdly find extremely sexy in a man.

Focused, determined, and has coffee running in his blood? I love it.

It had been quite the summer, and with a month before our second year officially starts, we've been back on campus for less than a week now. Owen insisted on preparing for his classes by doing advanced readings since his major was kinda on the challenging side, and I was still here since I didn't get into Harvard as a transferee, which was kinda expected.

"Calm down, coffee critic. I'm generalizing the good coffee. Not the bitter water ones." I said, as I blew the steam coming out of my mug and sipped slowly. I didn't want to burn my tongue.

From behind his laptop, Owen's eyes flickered toward me and shot me that sexy, smart smirk he likes to give. Damn, do I love intelligent men.

"College really made us dependent on coffee, didn't it?" He said, eyeing the half-empty mug I have in my hands, his dark wavy hair fell to his face and he pushed them back in that manner that I really liked.

"Why wouldn't it, though? Isn't it like, a rite of passage for college kids?"

Coffee is life. It's what keeps us basically motivated to finally get a degree.

Owen shot me a winning smile and cocked his head to the side.

"Maybe. But what if we're missing something?"

"Oh right. The chatting that came with coffee. How about I start?"

"Go ahead. You talk, I study. Go."

‐-------------

Athena

How the hell did I end up in bed?

God, my head hurts.

With my eyes still closed, I shuffled in bed, trying to rack my mind with things that happened the night before.

Everything had been so clear last night, with Owen and I patching things up, and with Fitz and I having the time of our lives. What I didn't quite remember was what happened after Owen and I kissed.

"Good morning, Athena. How's the head going?" A voice that sounded strangely close to Owen's said.

Damn, is he screaming?

"Head? What the f-- God, it's like, it has a heartbeat of its own or something." I groaned as I smacked a hand to my forehead and massaged it in circles.