Nine

Athena

Owen wore his glasses all week today.

And I thought he couldn't get any hotter.

"You're staring. You have that creepy look in your eye when you stare. It's making me feel weird and somehow, very naked." He told me.

God, he looks so good.

His glasses were these thin, round, brown plastic ones he's had since I've met him. He usually wears them at night so he doesn't fall asleep with his contacts on but damn does he look hot.

"Sorry about that. You just look really good with your glasses." I told him.

Owen had been avoiding using his usual contact lenses ever since that fateful day he bought a new kind of lens solution that he was actually allergic to. Poor guy had painful red eyes and couldn't even put in his own contacts.

"It'll pass. I already asked around for any stores that sells the solution I always use. In a few days, I won't be wearing these as much. They have a restock soon." He said with a smile.

"I guess all good things come to an end."

"Athena,"

-----

Elliot

Elliot

I think I finally understood the thing where people say "First love never dies."

Athena had been my first love, surely. But I knew she moved on and found someone better than me. Someone with better hair, I hate to admit.

At least I know she's in safe hands. Owen will take care of her the same way she takes care of him.

Athena was never like that when we dated. It was all just flirting, sex, and dirty talks. I was guessing Owen tamed her, or she changed for the better, I don't know.

She's more mature now, I can say that. Athena doesn't act like a manic-pixie high schooler anymore though she did retain her most redeeming qualities. I was proud of the woman she grew to become, and I was guessing Owen did all that.

I mean, if she still did the weird stuff she did back then in high school such as her habit to go through windows instead of doors, college people would tear her apart. I was thankful there was someone in her life making her better.

I left where Athena had been studying and went back home. I could at least give her some peace after what I did. I never forgave myself for hurting her back then. My head just wasn't screwed on right.

I sold the condominium apartment where I- where Athena fell off and used the money to buy a smaller place.

And food.

I would surely need food.

I may look like a hobo, but there's no fucking way I'm gonna be broke too.