Four

Owen

"Who are you texting?"

I had been squinting at my phone for the past few seconds, mixed with annoyance and confusion at what I had just saw.

"My sister. She's asking if I can answer her math things." I answered.

Cassidy had just graduated high school and we're all really proud of that. What I'm not proud of is her taking up a major that relies heavily on math and she's been sending me photos of her practice problems to work on. She initially said she'd ask for my help when she needs it during her actual time in college, but I can't do that.

So I advised her to work on her math skills over the summer before she actually starts. This way, I can sort of help her with math and all before we both get too busy to even talk.

I taught her all day almost everyday a few weeks back before Athena and I left for college again.

Athena leaned forward from her end of the table and blew a raspberry at me.

"Math weirdo." She said.

I was a bit good in math.

"Science weirdo." I replied.

She was really good in science. And English. And in arts, history-

Okay. Athena's good in everything but I find joy in knowing that she asked me for help in math twice.

"Will you do it? Do her math homework and send them back to her?" She asked.

I looked back at the image Cassidy sent me and sighed.

"I won't. She's starting college soon. She'll learn to manage." I said.

I got my sister a few homework help accounts on some pretty well-known websites online as a graduation gift. You think of it, she has access to it. Cassidy can use those so she can leave me alone for the rest of the year.

Athena looked amused at my sudden unwillingness to do things for people, and for a moment, I thought I heard her mutter 'damn'.

"Someone's in his bad boy era," Athena said with a smile that seemed borderline seductive.

I smirked.

"Wait and see. Maybe someday I'll chew the ends of my pencils." I said before taking a sip from my now-cold coffee.

Athena simply gaped at me and kept looking at me with the same look she had on before.

"That's so hot. Say it again."

-----

Cassidy

Cassidy

I swear I am not being reckless.