Seven

Athena

"Where do you wanna go once break starts?" I asked.

Owen shot his head up and turned to look at me.

"Isn't it too early to plan those? School hasn't even started yet," he said.

It was true. We still had a few days to ourselves before school starts again yet Owen, being the pretentious idiot he is, ran over his notes an infinite number of times before we even had our syllabus handed over to us by our professors.

"You studying over there already makes it feel like it had already begun," I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"I'm sorry, I just get really worked up on these. I didn't exactly do my best last semester," he told me knowingly.

It was true. He really didn't do well the last time and his GPA suffered greatly. People say he's a really good student (with the exception of physics since he's terrible at that), and if he can raise his scores up, maybe he can still be running for honors or something. He could still find good med schools or grad schools or whatnot if he had good grades.

He's taken things really seriously now and by looking at how stressed he had been these days, he deserves a vacation. A real one.

"Which is why we need to unwind somewhere during those rare breaks the school gives us. We need to go somewhere." I said.

Owen sighed and looked at me. It was the look he gives me whenever he just gives up and succumbs to whatever I tell him.

"Okay. Fine. Where do you want to go?"

Jackpot.

"I'm thinking something big, has tons of places to eat, and someone we both know goes to school there." I said.

I've always wanted to go there but it had been too far before. Now, we could actually take a train or something to go there.

"Where?"

I smiled.

"NYC, baby."

------

Marley

Marley

College is whack.

I knew choosing a school in New York would mean some major adjustments, and Calix being all the way in DC doesn't help.

I was homesick.

I missed Owen and Calix and Athena and all the other great people I had been friends with back at home. There had already been mixers and parties before the official start of our first day tomorrow, and I went and had fun. But I didn't find actual friends I would be willing to give my lung to in case they need it or something.

I was too attached to the circle I made in high school, and I missed home so bad.

This wasn't high school where I knew my way or knew the secret entrances to places. The people here aren't even close to the people I met and loved back home.