Two

Owen

"Have I ever told you that every passing day you're here in college, you kinda start sounding a bit more American?"

Did I hear it right?

"What?" I asked, raising my head up a bit to look at Athena, who had her chin on her palm, looking at me observantly.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because you pick up people's accents here and start to lose your British." She said with a shrug.

What the fucking hell,

"Athena, that's ridiculous--"

"I mean, it's understandable if you start to lose your accent since you're not with your family 24/7 and you don't hear them talking. There are studies related to that. I can send you a link--"

"Okay, okay. Maybe I am starting to sound more American-ish because of college. I'm starting to forget the usual slang my parents fling around in our house before." I admitted.

Weirdly, I did start to hear myself stray away from what I grew up hearing. As much as I am embarrassed to admit it, I'm really family-oriented, though they can drive me crazy. I didn't have that many friends to talk to growing up, and I think spending a heck ton of time with my family made my accent stick, even if I had been surrounded by Americans for more than ten years now.

Athena continued eyeing me like an exhibit in a museum she found funny, and I felt a bit weirded out.

"Hmm. Speaking of accents and loud family members, aren't your older brothers in London for college?" She asked again.

Athena just doesn't run out of questions, does she? I love her curiosity.

I nodded and smiled at her, thanking her internally for mentioning my family. I have to say, I do miss them.

"Yep, and Noah's the most British between the two even before he went there."

---------

NoahMoving far away from somewhere you lived most of your life is scary

Noah
Moving far away from somewhere you lived most of your life is scary.

I know the idea of going abroad for someone's studies would surely make one beyond ecstatic (aside from the bragging rights that you study abroad of course), but not knowing a lot of people around here is terrifying.

Well, except for my brother here.

He is absolutely insufferable, I can barely wrap my mind around the fact that he studies here too. With me.

I get it that people assume that twins do everything together but seriously, why?

It's already bad that I see him every waking moment of my life, but even here? Seriously. I blame my mother for that.