sixteen

~The next day~

"So how are you and Clay going to handle this?" Nick asks, plopping down beside me on the couch. He takes a bite of a strawberry Poptart as he hands me the other from the package. 

"I'm not sure. Neither of us has really ever had to handle something like this before," I explain.

"Hm," Nick hums. I lay my head on his shoulder as we eat our Poptarts in comfortable silence. 

I love all of the guys in the house, but Nick understands me on a different level. We're super close, and he already knows me better than I sometimes know myself. 

When I'm not busy with Clay or streaming with the guys, Nick and I spend a lot of time hanging out. Lots of deep conversations, pulling pranks on the other guys, or even just sitting in silence, like we are right now.

After a while, I finally speak. "I'm nervous, Nick. What if they hate me for dating him?" I say, softly. 

Nick wraps his arm around me and squeezes, "Are you kidding me? If they hate you for that, that's on them. You and Clay are perfect together, you make him a happier person."

I turn to look at him, "You think so?" 

He smiles, "Of course. I've known Clay for a long time, he's my best friend, and you know, I've never seen him smile as much as he does when he's looking at you. If people can't see that, fuck them. You guys deserve this. You went through some shit before you got here. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, just focus on what you and Clay have."

I take a deep breath and smile as I hug him a little tighter. "Aw, look at Sapnap being all sappy."

"Don't push it, Y/N," he groans. 

"Okay so I was thinking maybe he and I should do a Q&A, and then some of you guys can join us for a game after. It might make it less tense for us?" I suggest.

"I think that would work. Just be prepared, the DNFers are ruthless," Nick says as we both laugh.

The front door opens, Clay and George appearing with a few grocery bags in hand. 

"Speaking of DNF," Nick chuckles as he moves to put his hands behind his head, making himself more comfortable on the couch. 

"George, are you gonna steal my boyfriend from me?" I ask. 

"I might," George replies, grinning as he makes his way into the kitchen. 

Clay chuckles, "Hey, I gotta watch out or Nick might steal you from me." He plants a kiss on my cheek before following George to the kitchen. 

Nick makes vomiting noises. I open my mouth in fake defense before smacking him on the arm.

"What? That would be like dating my sister," Nick defends.

"Okay, that's true, but you don't have to make vomit noises!" I laugh. We both head to the kitchen behind them. 

"So George, would you be down to play a game with us later after Dream and I confess our love for each other to the world?" I question, standing in the doorway. Clay lowly chuckles. 

"If I'm not sleeping, sure," George answers. 

Nick rolls his eyes and adds, "He will be there. I'll make sure of it." 

"So did you and Nick think of a plan or something?" Clay asks, curiously. 

"I was thinking that we could do a Q&A, and then play a game to make the night a bit more light-hearted," I describe, "Does that seem like a good plan?"