Chapter 12: Getting Angry Destroys Bathrooms. Noted.

Izuku POV:

I got close to the Valdez's in a short amount of time. They were genuinely nice people who cared about my well-being. While I knew what it felt like to be cared for, this was different. It wasn't like being with Hinata and Sora, or with Khione or Uncle. Esperanza was the first mother figure I ever had and while Leo wasn't my first brother figure, he was the first one younger than me. The thing I really appreciated was that they didn't force me to call them Mom or Brother, and while they did see me as part of the family they only referred to me as such if I was comfortable with it. However, the thing that cemented our relationship was that they never pried into my life before meeting them. They gave me the space and time to let me know they would listen when I was comfortable with sharing. My favorite part was when I fell asleep when 'patrolling' the apartment. For the first few months, I was unable to sleep at night. I would always delay it as much as possible so I didn't have to see Sora and Hinata die again. Sadly the human body can only last so long without sleep.

When I did go to sleep and have a nightmare, when I woke up Esperanza was always there hugging me, telling me that I wasn't there anymore. She didn't tell me it was going to be fine because in truth it never would be, she reminded me that I wasn't there anymore. She became my anchor in a way. Even Leo did. While he wasn't there most of the time I had a nightmare, he never complained. He never mentioned the screams, the crying, or the fact that I was getting more attention than him. Every day he would ask the same question, "Wanna play," and every day I said yes. Even Amaterasu helped. She would snuggle into me the days I was feeling especially down. I was part of a family again, I was happy, except for one thing.

It reminded me of what could have been if my original family hadn't abandoned me. While I accepted the fact we were never, and will never be a family, it hurt. I can't explain it, but a part of me always used to wish we would become a happy family. Now back to the Valdez's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day I called Esperanza Mama is one I will never forget. She had just finished her prototype and was going to get it patented and was going to use the money she gained to move us into a slightly bigger place. The same day was also one of the few days I was able to sleep. On those days they let me sleep in so I would have energy for when I couldn't sleep. Anyways, when I woke up I walked to the kitchen to give Amaterasu some water and say good morning to the others.

While serving Amaterasu water Esperanza and Leo said, "Buenos Dias, Izuku." Oh did I forget to mention they also taught me Spanish be mostly speaking it around the house and for little things? Well, they did, and it worked surprisingly well.

I was still half asleep and said, "Buenos Dias Mama *yawn* Leo." Then it felt like time froze. Mama, who will longer be called Esperanza, stared with wide eyes, while Leo said, "Well that was unexpected." I started to worry since Mama wasn't talking. "I'm so sorry. I-I-I don't know what came over me. I am so, so sor-," then I was interrupted. "You don't have to apologize mijo. It's just I never thought you would call me Mama. I'm so happy." Then started crying. I ran over to her and started panicking thinking she was hurt, she then pulled me into a hug and Leo was in the corner laughing.

Thinking back, it would have been a funny scene for anyone watching. No wonder Leo laughed in such a heartwarming scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mama was finally able to patent her prototype we were able to move into a small house with a backyard for Amaterasu. Yeah, she gained a lot of money. While at first, it wasn't a lot, all it needed was a bit of time. While we weren't rich by any means, we did have quite a bit of money.

Anyways when we moved in I began to practice with my staff and knife a lot more since the backyard provided ample space. At first, Mama was worried, but she didn't say anything since she knew I needed this. That doesn't mean she didn't tell me to be careful.

Leo on the other hand was fascinated by my staff. He would always ask what it was made of or how it would turn into a bracelet with the flick of my wrist. I had no answers so I just told him to try it on himself. He was hesitant, however. When I asked why he said, "It is easier to show you." He then lit his hand on fire and immediately snuffed it out. "Is that your quirk?" "That's the weirdest thing, I don't have one." "Then how did you do that? That should be impossible." "I have no idea." I was wondering for a few seconds when I asked, "Why did you snuff it out?" Leo flinched and said, "Let's just say, I'm the reason you had to save us."

My face softened. "Hermano, did you cause the fire on purpose." "No, but." "No buts. It was an accident. Plus if I didn't have to save you we might have never met, so in the end, everything worked out." Leo looked like he wanted to argue, but he knew he wouldn't win. "Okay hermano, but that doesn't mean I have to like it." "Never asked you to, but it is a part of you. One day I will help you get over your fear, but for now, let's go eat. It's taco Tuesday." As if on cue our stomachs rumbled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we finished eating I had gone to go take a shower and I had a hundred thoughts, but the main one was, "If he can do that without a quirk, can I do the same?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in, but nothing happened. "WHY CAN'T I DO SOMETHING?!" Then all the water in the bathroom exploded. "Did I do that?" I closed my eyes again and tried to replicate what happened. I was about to give up when I felt a tugging sensation in my gut. I opened my eyes and saw water circling around me, floating midair. I smiled and muttered, "I can beat All for One.'' I was ecstatic until I realized I would have to explain all of this to Mama. I took a look around the bathroom and said, "Uh oh.''

So how was it? Good I hope, and I didn't want to write this in the main part of the story, but Izuku did online school. Not like how we did during quarantine. Think K-12 but better. I also wanted to ask if my writing style is good. I'm not to sure how I feel about it so I want some feedback. Bye.