Sip of Wine |Venti|

Requested by:
Ch3eSy

Genre:
Fluff

****

When the sun had settled down admist the Stormbearer Point, the night in the city of Mondstadt would be less crowded outside.

Eventually, the tavern一Angel's Shares一settled down as well as it's closing time since half an hour ago. The h/c haired person hummed their last rhythm in the ghost-quiet tavern, where only their voice could be heard with the sound of plates collided against each other gently.

"Why do you need the bottle, Y/n? Is there someone you wanted to meet?" Diluc's voice rang across their ears, snapping their attention to the man's glazed ruby eyes.

They could feel the slight suspicions tickled down to their back as their boss spoke. "I wanted to bring it home as my collection. Afterall, it's only half left, it'll be a waste to throw it out."

Lie.

Their boss only let out a soft hum before moving his gaze one last time from the h/c haired person. "Okay, don't get home too late, Y/n."

"Thank you, Master."

Afterall, there was something they had to do before leaving!

...

The sound of lyre playing came closer and closer as they took a step ahead, their honey e/c eyes landed on the specific azure ones一watching him in awe.

Though, they had visited the young bard countless of times every night with a dandelion wine, they still couldn't let go their gaze from his eyes.

They tightened the grip on the dandelion wine, humming with a slight nervous tone before making an appearance.

There sat a young looking teenage boy, playing the lyre in front of the giant statue placed in the middle of the city. The view from up here could frighten those who had the fear of height. But the calm night breeze would blow against their skin, calming their racing thoughts.

And that bard was, Venti.

"一Venti, I've come with the dandelion wine."

Venti looked up from the playing lyre, locking his gaze with theirs and spreaded the usual cheerful yet cheeky smile. "Thank you. Come and sit," Venti offered as he patted the seat beside him.

They obeyed and sat beside Venti, handing him the dandelion wine. His eyes beamed in admiration and joy as soon as the azure eyes landed on the bottle. "Thank you! But, how did you always get this bottle?"

"Charles was about to throw the rest of the wine but I took it as usual," Y/n replied. Venti hummed again and started to open the opening一gulping the drink in a swift.

A drunkard bard.

"Thanks for helping me out, ever since you've known my real identity, you keep giving me a drink."

His identity was revealed just few months ago, revealing he was the Anemo Archon一Barbatos. But that wasn't the reason how their heart was swoon, in fact, he was a carefree bard.

It looked like he lived up to his title as the God of Freedom.

"Yes, but you'll be telling me a story in exchange for the drinks." However, tonight might be the last night Y/n would sneak out and met him by the Catherdal.

"You sounded like a friend of mine, Y/n. But I guess promise is a promise," Venti hummed in agreement. "So, you've heard about Vanessa, history of Wine Industry, Hero of Mondstadt, what else do you want to hear?"