Walls |Xiao|

Genre:
Angst, comfort

Warning:
Rushed ending, mention of being suffocated.

Requested by:
@SapphireMay (honestly an interesting username there)

Requested by: @SapphireMay (honestly an interesting username there)

There's always something with growing up together.

How you'd be the first to catch a glimpse of his fading mint hair, to be the first to hold just a strand as it landed on the hem of your sleeve, to be the first to catch him when he's falling from the cliff after an intense battle.

And you'd do things together, learn together, pick new flowers and discovered as well as witnessed legends to be true, or to be myth. The sync of raising a weapon, though each movements were the opposite—they're not always the opposite, rather they complete each others' movements.

And when everyone thought they'd seen enough of him, or they couldn't get passed the wall he built which isolated him from the world outside, (Y/n) would be the first to climb and make her mark at the too of the wall.

Just that, she couldn't go down from the enormous wall.

So in the end, she sat idly there, witnessing his world she'd grown accustomed to see, seeing the lights of the fireflies lighting up a dark night sky—not too dark, though. How his world had connections with the glaze lilies, in a way to represent or to be represented as, when Y/n witnessed the flowers' full bloom in his world.

She witnessed everything, just by sitting on top of the wall, swaying her feet with the flag marking her presence in the wall Xiao built to depart everyone, to drive himself away from the world.

The longer she sat there, the more details she recognized. Serene engulfed his world, but the chaos underlying it was slowly reaching the surface, crashing the great wall. It was quiet, perhaps deafening to Y/n's ears as she noticed a child floating just above the chaos.

A lonely child.

****

What happened to the wall?

Why had it grown thicker?

Since when did it start to grow more feet, soon going to touch the clouds?

Y/n walked along the lines of the wall, following to where the path entailed, only to find her in the starting point when she first reached the peak. With her e/c eyes glazed down, hoping to catch at least the same view she once basked her eyes in centuries ago; only for them to disappear.

She could hear endless laughter, even if she was feet away from the land. Each laughter could divert into cries of agony and desperation, and divert once more into the joyous of companion's bliss.

If she stepped one more foot ahead, she wouldn't fall right away—but she'd see herself floating and couldn't bring her feet to the ground, to see what the sound of laughter was all about.