Chapter 2- The Present

After an hour of setting up we finally finished. The guys started to play so I sit down to listen. My phone started vibrating so I took it out to see who it was. It's Derek! He just texted me! Oh in case you don't know, Derek is my boyfriend and we've been dating for over a year. He's 22 and I'm 17, I know that's statutory but it's love and you can't stop it. I mean there's not that much of a difference in age but Andy seems to think so. He hated Derek with a passion and he never wanted me to talk to him let alone text him. But he's practicing so it's not going to matter.
(D-Derek and J-Jane.)
D-Hey :)
J-Hi
D-Whats up babe?
J-Just listening to my brother practice with the band. What about you?
D-I'm visiting my uncle in Nevada, Los Vegas. U know, where you are.
J-Oh that's right! I totally forgot!
D-No worries. He i got an early birthday present for U! Let's go get you a tattoo!
J-OMG yes! But I don't think Andy will let me.
D-No worries I got a plan. Pick you up in 5?
J-Yes!
I put my phone away and jumped with happiness. I'm getting a tattoo! Wait, hold that thought. I have to ask Andy for permission though, that's the law. But I'm sure he won't mind, right? I shrugged and grabbed my jacket heading out the door to get a tattoo.
*ANDYS POV*
I played with the microphone to see if it's working, which it is. I looked up and saw Jane heading to the exit. I turned on the mic and said, "Where do you think you're going?"
She turned around and said, "Derek just texted me. Said he's here and wants to give me an early present."
I laughed because that's not going to happen.
"That's not going to happen." I said while putting the mic down and jumping of the stage walking to her. She rolled her eyes at me.
"Please?" She said. "It's just a tattoo." I laughed even more. Now i know I got my tattoo at the age of 16, but I just don't want her to get one.
"Like I said, that's not going to happen."
"But why? You got yours when you were 16."
"I know I did but that was under mom and dads approval. This is under mine and it's a no."
She turned away but I grabbed her arm with a bit of force.
"I'm being serious," I said as calm as possible. "You're not going especially with him."
"Ok fine." She said annoyed. "I won't get a tattoo I'll just get something else alright? It's 5:45 pm right now. Derek is picking me up in 5. I'll tell Derek to bring me back at 7:00 so that'll leave me 30 mins to put on make up and war paint."
I let go of Janes arm and sighed.
"Jane you're missing the point." I said frustrated. "When mom and dad died I promised to protect you. That means keeping you out of trouble and that means keeping you away from him."
I put my hand on her shoulder, trying to look in her eyes. She immediately pushed my hand off and looked at me with complete anger.
"You don't get to do that." She said with a break in her voice. "You don't get to throw mom and dads death in my face because you don't want me near Derek. It's just a stupid early present for my stupid birthday that's it!
I'm going."
She turned around and left straight out the door. I saw her get into a car before the doors closed. I kicked a few chairs a little and bury my face in my hands.
"Dammit Jane....."