Chapter 9- He hit me

*JANES POV*
I crossed the street onto the other side of the road. I continued down while cars speeded past me. I took my hair out of my ponytail. It was giving me a headache, but it still didn't help me. The cars went by so fast the blew my hair in front of my fucking face. I fixed my hair. I fixed my hair, again. And again. And again.

"Forget this." I mumbled to myself. I go to the edge of the sidewalk and whistled real loud. Within a few seconds a cab came over. I opened the door, sat down and said, "Take me to 150 Roosevelt please."

I then slammed the door and with that the cab driver took of, slamming his foot on the gas pedal.

*AFTER CAR RIDE*
"Thanks."

I give the driver $50 and stepped out. Thank god for sock money, I thought. I slammed the door and walked to the apartment I told him to take me to. Looking around I saw people living around the apartment more than in it. It was a bad part of California I know that much.

I entered the apart and walked to the floor Derek lived on. I quickly found his door and knocked on it. Please be home. Please please please.

The door opened and to my surprise it's not Derek. It's a women.

She looked about my brothers age, with pink hair, an eyebrow piercing and tattoos.

She's beautiful. She's amazing I've never seen anyone like her.

"May I help you?" She asked, in a friendly tone.

"Oh yes, sorry." I said flustered. I must of gotten lost in her beauty. "Is Derek home by any chance?"

She nodded and left to go get him. Wow. The way she walks. Any one would be so lucky to have her.

Wait. Why is she here? Maid? No she doesn't look the type. Sister? No, Derek doesn't have any. Cousin? No. God no my night can't get any worse.

"Hey Jane I wasn't expecting you!" Derek said walking to the door with the women. He sound excited. To excited, he was forcing it.

The girl looked confused for a moment.
"How do you know her?"

Derek fixes his hair nervously. Jesus. Is my birthday the day of fucking bad luck?

"She's my maid," he sparred out. "A pretty good one at that as well."

The girl nodded as if she understood. To bad the beauty gods didn't go to the brain gods.

I smirked. I guess I'll play along.

"Yes I am I would love to speak to Derek alone if that's alright." I said more perky than usually, to sell the act. She shrugged and headed to Derek's bedroom. Once she closed the door I grabbed Derek, pulled him out of his house, or apartment room and closed the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now!" I yelled. I could care less if the women could heard me.

"Shh keep you voice down." Derek said, making gestures to lower my voice.

He wanted me to lower my voice. You're kidding right?

"You're seriously telling me to keep my voice down?" I said, making my voice go a little softer. Just a little. "I just found out you're cheating!"

"How'd you know?" He asked. Well now I know. I wasn't sure at first but he just fucking gave me the answer. His face lowered a little, figuring out that he just told me.

"Look I'm sorry-" "Say sorry yeah that's going to fix everything." I cut him off. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to keep his cool.

He has an anger problem which he can control. Sometimes.

It's not that bad he usually doesn't get physically.

"Look," he began, "when we meet you were 17 and I was 21. You weren't filling my needs sexually and I couldn't wait forever."

I looked at him heart broken. How could he say that?

"You're such a pig. Your needs? You were my first kiss and love! I thought you loved me enough to wait."

I stopped, chocked up. Those words I said just brought memories back. To many. I took a deep breath and continued.

"But I guess you didn't if you did...this. You know I'm done. THIS is done."

Damn it, Andy was right.

I walked away when Derek grabbed my arm with such force it spun my around. I could feel his nails dig far in. You know that feeling when you're playing with play dough and you get some under your nails? It's just chunk after chunk? Well this is that feeling except, I'm the play dough.

There enjoy that picture.

I pushed him off with my free arm. Bad move. Instead of letting go, he slipped down my arm, with his nails still in my arm.

Within a second of that, he slapped me. I stumbled back a little holding my face. Wh-what? Did he just hit me?

I looked at him, tears stinging my eyes. He took a step forward. Scared, I stepped back. He took another. Then I ran.

I ran out the building. I could feel the blood running down my arm. That feeling is to, to familiar.

More about that later.

I also felt blood down my cheek as well. I felt my cheek and noticed I was bleeding. His hit turned into a scratch half way I guess.

"Jane! Jane!"

He's following me. Great.

I ran across the street into the alleyway and disappeared into the darkness. I could see Derek across the street. He was about to cross when cars just flew by him. Car after car. Thank god.

Then he's gone.

I sat down and leaned against the wall looking up at the sky. I started to breath heavily, my vision was getting blurry and I don't think because of tears. I began to speak the only words I could before I lost all of my strength.

"Happy Birthday to me."

Then it all went black.

////////////////////////////////////////

So you've probably noticed that I've deleted this. It was because it wouldn't save the rest of it so it only posted half so yeah I had to redo it. Sorry