Part 1

Ever since Daryl Dixon was little, he had it pounded into his head that there was no such thing as love. His dad was a heavy drinker that would beat him every day, while his big brother sat there and did nothing, so Daryl never knew what love really was, until he got with a group of survivors from the zombie apocalypse. He sees the way Lori Grimes takes care of her son Carl, and the way Carol Peletier takes care of her daughter Sophia. Seeing the love Carl and Sophia were getting from their moms is making him upset, so he decided to go for a hunt. The morning before his hunt Shane Walsh, Andrea, he doesn't know her last name, Glenn, whose last name is unknown, and T-Dog, whose whole name is a big mystery to Daryl, decided to make a run to Atlanta. They wanted Daryl to go, but Daryl's older brother, Merle, refused to let him go.

"We need one more man to go," Shane said to Merle.

"Well, my little brother ain't going with you. I am not going to let you guys leave him behind in that Walker infested town if things go bad," Merle said, stepping between Daryl and Shane.

"Why don't you go then?" Dale, whose last name is unknown, asks. "Either you go or your brother goes."

"Don't tell me what to do old man," Merle said, his anger rising. "Fine, if we're going then let's go. I will be there in a second."

"Merle, don't go," Daryl said once everyone walked away.

"I'm sorry brother, but I am going, and you have to stay here and watch my stuff. Don't you dare let anyone touch my stuff. You know what will happen if you do," Merle said, grabbing ahold of Daryl's shirt. By instinct, Daryl flinched back and tried to break his brother's hold before Merle hit him, but he was too slow. Everyone at the camp heard the smack, but the sound was nothing compared to the pain that shot through Daryl's jaw. The pain in his jaw was not the worst part to Daryl; the worst part was the way everyone was looking at him, their eyes full of pity.

"I'm going hunting," Daryl said, picking up his crossbow and walking into the woods without even saying bye to his brother.