II

I walked over to the child as he had his eyes glued on the door. The sounds of blaster shots continued to come, the door was strong as we've had a few incidents here and there over the past three years but something felt different. I had a feeling that whoever was out there was going to find their way in one way or another.

There was a being in the corner hiding causing me to roll my eyes. Not much had scared me anymore. The last three years taught me that there's nothing to fear in life. In the end everything comes to a halt. I paced over to the child before kneeling down in front of his pod, "You okay?" The child cooed as he nodded his head, "They are gonna get in," I said bluntly seeing that there's no point in lying to the kid. I could see the look of worry in his eyes causing me to shake my head, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

I closed the child's pod before putting some blankets over top of it. The best plan I could think of at the moment was letting them come in and then attacking. It's easier to attack once their guard was down.

I turned my head to the side sensing that something was coming. I quickly dropped to the floor before huge blaster shots went through the door and into the room. I crawled over to the side of the room as the shots continued to come through. I made it to the side of the wall just in enough time before the door dropped.

I stood in the corner of the room, covered by the shadows. Only if the person walked up close to where I was would they see me. I waited as I could fear a few steps walking closer. Was there one than just one? The urge to look was coming over me but I knew the second I did I would be dead.

In came the building slowly was a droid and a man covered in armor of some sort. I touched into my power causing my eyes to glow a deep red. I wanted to tap into their mind, read the reason as to why they are here. The droid was going to be impossible because it's a droid. The man in armor should be easy, or at least I thought. I couldn't read anything from him, I tilted my head to the side slightly confused as to why I couldn't read him.

The being that was hiding in corner came out trying to do something but they didn't get far. They were easily shot down by the man in armor. They had a tracking fob on them that beeped in the direction of the child. I held my breath hoping they wouldn't find him but the man pointed the fob at the pod causing the beeping to intensify. The pod opened revealing the child. The man and droid looked down at him as the man spoke up, "Wait. They said 50 years old." I couldn't help but be confused at the man's words. That was definitely a child in there, he could barely feed himself.

"Species age differently," the droid spoke. "Perhaps it could live many centuries. Sadly, we'll never know." The droid spoke causing me to make a few steps out from the shadowy corner.

If they were planning on killing the child they'd have to face me. "No," the man said causing me to momentarily stop. The droid turned to the man wondering why he stopped him from raising the weapon towards the child. "We'll bring it in alive."

"The commission was quite specific. The asset was to be to terminated." The droid said pointing its blaster at the child. I lifted up my hands ready to throw an energy orb at the droid with the intention of breaking it into pieces. I was now out from the corner, ready to attack the two. But then I noticed the man next to the droid have his blaster pointed at the droid. The droid hadn't notice this and before it could the man fired causing the droid to fall back.

What the hell did I just get myself into? But more importantly, who was this man?

The man lowered his blaster before reaching out a finger towards the child. The child copied his actions as their fingers touched.

I now was a few steps behind the man. I raised my fingers up behind his head as my red energy flowed from my fingertips, however, it was no prevail. The child's eyes moved towards mine and the man caught on to this causing him to quickly turn around with his blaster pointed at me.