VI

"So like this?" I said as I held the thread through the needle. However the thread wasn't quite far enough through the needle causing it to slip out as I held it up. Hera took the needle from me before shaking her head, "I'll let you in on a little trick. If you wet the thread before you thread it through the needle," she said before bring the end of the string to her lips before putting it in her mouth and bringing it back out. "It makes it easier putting it through."

Sure enough Hera was right as the thread went easily through the whole. She pulled on the thread before giving it to me, "See." I nodded my head before taking hold on the needle before threading it through the fabric.

"Who taught you how to sew?" I asked as I started to focus on my task at hand. I noticed Hera stop for a second causing me to stop along so. "My mother." She said softly, "Well she must've been great."

I spoke trying to cheer up her. She look over at me as she nodded, "She was." I can't remember much of my life before this camp. Maybe it was a response to one of the injections they've given me. But when I think about my mother or father no face came to mind. It was always empty.

"Thanks for teaching me," I said as I nudged her shoulder. She looked down at my work before chuckling, "Yeah well you have a long ways to go." I pushed her causing me to laugh.

"Who knows maybe one day you'll use this skill when I'm not around." My smile dropped from Hera's words. "Don't say that." I said shaking my head as I stop and just looked down. "You know it's a possibility Yelena. One injection and it could be it for me." I shook my head before I held out my pinky.

"We're gonna get out this place together." Hera turned to look at me with surprised eyes, "Well someone's being hopefully." I rolled my eyes at her before speaking, "Yeah well someone has to be the hopefully one. And if it isn't you then I can try."

Hera gave me a smile before her pinky came up to join my awaiting finger. "Together."

I opened my eyes as I resurfaced from the dream, or should I say memory. I reached up to my cheek to feel the the wetness of tears as I laid.

Together. We promised we'd get out together.

It was now starting to become light outside as light started to peak through the blinds. I leaned myself up causing the blanket to fall off my body. I turned around to see that the child was still sleeping luckily. The Mandalorian was missing but that wasn't a very big shocker. I got up before folding the blankets to make the place look somewhat decent. Once I was done I walked towards the door, walking through the doorway.

Just as I thought the nearest start was just starting to rise. The village was mostly quiet except for the few farmers about here and there. The kids weren't up yet which was the main contribution to the nosiness in the village.

"You're up early." I turned to look behind me as I saw the Mandalorian sitting down against the wooden wall. I turned back towards the view of the rising star. "Yea, I guess so." I knew I had an hour or so until the child woke up. That was as long as it was quiet. "How'd you sleep?" I heard the man ask causing me to shrug my shoulders. "Okay I guess." I spoke as I heard the Mandalorian get up from where he was sitting.

"You talk in your sleep you know." I turned my head towards him, clearly confused. "Wait, really." The Mandalorian just looked at me as I processed what he said. Not once at the camp or underground in the cells did someone tell me I talked in my sleep. "What did I say?" I asked looking up at the man.

I looked to see that he had started to take out one of his blasters, observing it. "Nothing that I could fully comprehend." He said causing me to nod my head and look away, "Except for the name Hera." I turned and looked at the Mandalorian as the name left his lips. I blinked before looking away from him and towards the farmers that were fishing for krill.