IX

The Mandalorian and I both turned to the sound of the blaster. As if everything happened in slow motion the birds flew from the high tops trees and screams of the kids were sounded. I quickly turned towards the kids to see the child sitting there looking confused as the kids that were around him started to flee in search for their parents. "Go get the kid." The Mandalorian said but before he could even get his words completely out I had quickly made my way over to him. I grabbed him up from the ground quickly before running into one of the huts.

"Are you okay?" I whispered as I inspected his face and same frame. When I realized that everything was okay I closed my eyes in ease and pulled him into a tight embrace. We couldn't stay here anymore. Even though I knew it would only be a matter of time until something were to happened.

I heard the flap of the hut open from behind me causing me to quickly turn around. I already had my hand raised with a red hue of energy ready to throw at whoever was trying to cause harm. "It's just me." I softened my gaze only sightly when I saw that it was Omera. "I was just checking to make sure he was okay," she spoke cautiously as she looked down at the kid in my arms. I sighed in frustration of the situation at hand before speaking, "Was anyone hurt?"

Omera shook her head before looking away. My curiosity was starting to get the best of me, I wanted to know who it was that came after us. "I know I should probably stay here where it is safe." I said before walking up to her with the child in my hands. "But can you please watch him. I need to make sure the Mandalorian doesn't need my help."

Omera nodded before taking the kid out my arms. He started to whine as he watched me walking towards the exit of the hut, "I'll be right back," I whispered before giving him one last look.

I quickly ran out of where the Mandalorian left. As I ran between trees and over logs the thought of using my ability and being able to fly over all of this would make this a lot less difficult. Maybe I'll give it a try one day.

I saw two people, one being the Mandalorian and the other being Cara. As I got closer I could see that in front of them was another body on the ground. My efforts of being light on my feet failed me as I mistakenly stepped on a branch causing it to snap. The Mandalorian and Cara quickly turned in my direction pointing their blasters at me.

"It's just me." I said and before the Mandalorian could scowl at me I looked at him, "The child is safe and okay. I came here to make sure you were okay." The sounds of the beeping device caught my attention. "The shot was from me. They were tracking your kid." Cara said causing me meet her gaze.

The Mandalorian dropped the tracking fob before stepping on it, causing the beep to diminish. "How many of those things do you think are still out there?" I asked as I still looked at the broken fob of the ground. "When we left Nevarro literally every single hunter had one." I said looking up at the Mandalorian. "How many more other bounty hunters have one?"

I finished with my statement as I looked up at the Mandalorian. "Look I have no idea. But what I do know is that you guys can't stay here. That is if you don't want to find out." I looked away from the tracking fob and back towards the village.

"Yelena-."

"You should tell the village we are going to be leaving when you get back." I said towards the Mandalorian as I continued to walk towards the village, "I'll start packing up."

I didn't take too long to pack everything. Even with us being here for many weeks, we were never able to set an actual foundation. There was no point in waiting for the next day to leave, it would just be prolonging the inevitable. I could hear someone enter into the barn as I finished packing up the few items we had. I didn't need to turn around to know that it was the Mandalorian.