♥ Part 10 ♥

A few days has passed; gathering more information and clearing our schedule for our assignment in Egypt. I am currently packing my bag for the plane that we will be boarding next week when I got a call from Christopher. Odd. Its currently 9:17pm

I answered confused, "Hey C, anything wrong?"

"I was wondering if you have anything to do for the rest of the night?"

I frowned; I didn't. "No, not really."

There was silence.

"Do you not understand anything in the folder I gave you to decode? I could help." I walked to the Kitchen.

"No, i'm good. I was wondering of you would like on go on a date with me tonight. When we had lunch the other day I thought we really clicked so I wanted to take my chance before my confidence gets shot down." awww, that was so cute of him

"Ammm..."

"You can tell me honestly. I am not forcing you to come out of your cozy house for me."

I mean I haven't had a date since the trauma I went through with Ezra. I never looked at anyone and I prayed to the Lord that no one would look at me but now that Christopher was going out of his way to ask me, I guess this was a sign from the Lord telling me that now was my time.

Maybe if I started dating my own race I wouldn't have been in the Ezra situation. So, yes I'll take the offer thank you very much. "I'll go out with you just tell me the time and where."

"It's The Southern Table at 10:30."

I took up a pack of chocolate. "Ok see you there, bye."

"Bye" He hung up and I took Lola in my arms as she was passing by.

"Lola guess what?" There was no answer. "Mommy is going on a date tonight." No answer. "Lola don't be so mean to me, you should be happy for me. I haven't been on a date in 7 years because of Ezra."

I don't know why but every time I say Ezra's name, Lola's ears always seem to be on alert. I think she got enough of me rambling for 4 years about how vile he's been to me.

Seeing that it was 9:24, I left the kitchen and went to my closet. I haven't heard of that restaurant even though I've moved and lived here for 7 years so I have no clue if I should dress up or dress down. I pulled a few outfits that I was satisfied with and headed to the bathroom.

I took my shower then did my hair. My hair wasn't the longest, it stopped just above my shoulders and I liked it that way but when it grew out I would braid it then cut it again. I curled my hair using my curl activator then I moved back to my room looking at my outfit choices.

I came to the decision that I would wear my grey sweater-dress with silver heels and complement it with hoop earrings, rings and a small gold chain. I rushed out my house and got in my car speeding off to the unknown restaurant. I got there just in time and came out expecting to see Christopher but I didn't. I guess I was a few minutes early, I can wa- "Hello."

I jumped and looked at him. He looked great with his black tux that went well with his complexion; his hair was wavy with a fresh cut that defined his jaw structure. I slapped his chest. "Chris, you shouldn't do that. I almost had heart failure"

He chuckled "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare the pretty lady but should we go in?"

"Yes please, it's chilly outside."

We got in and he led the way to our table. He pulled out my chair then we both sat down, the waiter gave us menus and gave us appetizers. "Do you know what you're going to order?" He asked as he looked up at me