Chapter 2

March 8th, 2018

Morning.This time of day everything is bright and well, even more bright. Little slivers of light peaked through my blinds as I forced myself into an upright position. My room reeked of pancakes and dust bunnies. In a way you couldn't really tell if the sent was good or bad, but it was still enough to get me out of my bed. Knowing Mrs. Rosa she most likely needed help downstairs or she was trying to get everyone up for breakfast by putting pancakes up to the air vent.

Works like a charm.

After I had made my way downstairs, into the dinning room and sat down, we all ate in a comfortable silence. I'd have to say the kids we housed were always quite, happy little children for the most part.

Skipping ahead a little more I was back in the park.

Thank god.

I loved this place. it was like a second home I could come to when I needed too. No one else comes here so someone might as well use it.

I ran around for a while longer before stopping. My feet felt like I was walking on clouds and the cool breeze picked up talking the colorful leaves with it. I watched the leaves get swept way down the old, beat up path.

"Beautiful is it not?" I spun around to an empty sidewalk, the pavement still clean.

"Oh come on I know your faster then that." A shrub rattled and out came a dark German Shepherded with light chocolate eyes.

I rubbed my temples."Gee I must be going crazy."

"Not crazy, just misunderstood." My eyes widened with shock.

"You just-"

"Talked? Yes its not something you see every day but you'll get use to it."

I sighed. "Its not possible."

"But it is my dear. I've never been one to brag, but I'm not like any ordinary canine."

"Really, I haven't noticed."

"Anyway." He growled slightly. "I need you to come with me."

"A talking dog pops out a no were and expects me to come with him. I don't think so."

"I'm not giving you a choose Emma you have to come with us, for the better."

I felt myself tense at his words. "You know my name."

"Your important. We need people like you."

"People like me? Whats that suppose to mean!"

"Please calm down I didn't mean it that way. I just need you to come with me."

"Then what do you mean?"

"I'm sorry my dear I can't really tell you."

I looked at the ground.

"Come along. It will be for the better, I promise."