Chapter 3

March 8th, 2018.

So far my 'For the better'  was looking  'For the worse'.  On the bright side I found out the talking dogs name.

The stench was almost excruciating. I covered half of my face with my sleeve to help with some of the smell as we walked on.

"Don't like the smell?" Glitch giggled trotting along, his low voice echoing through the sewer.

"I don't," I started to wheeze heavily. " Like it too much. How do you stand it?"

"I've been walking these sewers for over a year now. You'll get use to it don't worry."

For a minute I thought he was kidding. Glitch and I walked in complete silence. All you could hear was few little droplets of water hitting the cool pavement by our feet and the puddles being disturbed as Glitch waltzed through them happily.

"Time to go up." Glitch announced as we came to a dead end with a ladder leading up to a sewer lid. "After you." He said gesturing his head toward the latter.

Such a gentleman.

I started to climb upwards and opened the hatch. I could smell the salty ocean as a cool breeze hit my face. I climbed out of the hole and found myself on a pier with some questionable looks from near by fisherman.

"Like it?" I looked to my left to find Glitch sitting down his tail wagging in full swing. "Its the old harbor on the west side. Follow me please."

"How did you..?" I quit half sentence relizing this wasn't the weirdest thing I had seen all day. I walked behind Glitch until we reached the small lighthouse at the end. Glitch set a paw on the door as it opened slowly letting us in. "You comin'?" He asked  I couldn't help but smile slightly as I walked behind him through the door.

After we were inside It was more different than I had expected. The walls were blank and looked as if they were made of titanium and it was smaller meaning the walls must have been more than 8 feet wide. Glitch pushed a small elevator button and another door matching the walls closed over the previous door. The room started moving downwards quickly and before long a small bell sound went off and the elevator stopped.

The doors opened and Glitch walked out into a fancy, very modern, living room. Sitting around were kids around my age. Glitch planted himself next to a couch by a girl who pet him kindly. Another girl stood up and walked my way. She held out her hand to me. "Welcome to T.U.S."