Chapter 8

April 19, 2018 (continued)

Classes lasted long. The day dragged on and the food was edible.

I met up with all of my friends in Shifts room twards the break of dawn to create a plan. We were going to head out for a night on the town, but we had to lay low. It was strict if you could leave T.U.S and for just something like hanging out, going out to eat, was not aloud.

"Everyone here." Shift asked as the sound levels in the room died down. Everyone was here, Shift, Shadow, Sparrow, Angis, Einstein, and I were all here, all set, all ready.

"Hoodies up." Shadow said. With that we all locked hands and Shadow did her thing. We were invisible. It was really strange. You could still see everyone that was invisible, but know one could see you that wasn't.

After we had safely gotten out of the building we got off the pier and into the city. Again this place was huge. Maybe as big as Chicago or N.N.Y.C, maybe smaller. The night was dark and clear so everyone was out, great for hiding in a crowd and dark enough not to be noticed despite the shop windows and street lights.

After about two homeless people and a street vendor, we came to Lyra's cafe. The best place in Riptide. Its got its own music every night and some of the best coffee you can get. So many people go there its crowed to the max every time.

After we had gotten our way around some people we found a stand up table, ordered and talked.

After about an hour and two coffees you could really start to feel the need to leave. The last thing we needed was to over say our welcome. 

"You guys ready to head back?" Sparrow asked over the music. We nodded our heads in agreement and started to make our way to the door.

There was a loud crash, people gasped, the walls started to shake from a laugh. I turned to find the singer from before was now in the drum set and looked bad his hand over his head. The hooded man stared off into the crowed and removed the hood so his face was clear. Eyes red with fire and his head bald with tattoos of symbols on it.

"Time to get out of here." Shift said quickly.