Chapter 10

April 21, 2018

"You left the school behind our backs, destroyed a cafe, sent people worried sick, and you challenged a man who could have taken your lives! What were you all thinking!" Dr. Jones yelled at us, blowing steam.  We looked at the floor resisting eye contact.

We were called into Mr. Cross's office. He's the creator of the school. He's also our history teacher. I guess he's good at it because he can't really die. Yea I know. Super speed, wings, invisibility, cloning, shape shifting, the smartest and fastest working mind with an I.Q of 423.5 (The .5 is very important.) all nothing against a man who has lived through time itself, to be as old as he is. (He's 2568 years old by the way, birthday is next month.)

"What were we suppose to do just watch this guy mess with these people!" Shadow raged at her.

"No, but if you never would have left the school," Dr. Jones began.

"THEN PEOPLE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT OR KILLED! ADMIT IT, WE SAVED LIVES AND IF WE WEREN'T THERE THEN THAT PLACE WOULD BE IN WORSE CONDITION THEN IT REALLY IS NOW!" The room went silent. Shadow was just spitting fire at a building that had burned to the ground in seconds with that one sentence.

"Mr. Cross, what do you have to say to these children." Dr. Jones hissed at him. He twiddled his thumbs and thought for a moment.

"I have to say nothing because I'm not talking to children," he stepped closer to us. "I'm talking to adults I trust and if they think that they have done something right, then so be it."

Dr. Jones looked taken aback. She took a deep breath before leaving the room without a word.

"Well then that was tense." He said rubbing his temples. "Now do tell me. What all happened last night."

We looked at one another slightly. "Well..." Shift began. "We got out of school to hang out for the night. Just us, a night on the town."

"When we went to Lyra's cafe for something to eat. That's when it all happened." Angis continued."About a hour into us talking and stuff there was disturbed. The singer from the band that was playing was tossed into the drums. Then this guy came on the stage we tried to leave, but the doors were jammed almost, somehow so we couldn't get away."

"We were left with very few chooses, there was nothing else we really could do." Einstein went on.

"Mr. Cross, we have been training here for a while now. What we did at the cafe was basically just a big test of what we have been learning." I said quietly.

"Always do whats right even for the world that fears you." Mr. Cross whispered under his breath. The room stayed quite as Mr. Cross thought behind his desk. "Alright then I think you have classes to go to now. You all have a warning, please don't leave without perdition again. We will talk later again about this, but for now this stays between You, Dr. Jones, and I. Understood."

 We nodded our heads respectfully before leaving the office. "Now we'll never be able to lave this place." Shadow mumbled angrily.

"At least we got it as easy as it was for all we know it could have been worse for us." Angis replied.

"Angis is right. We should be grateful nothing worse happened to us."