ฅ Chapter 3: The Rescue

Warning: There'll be animal abuse scenes in this chap!

_____________________________

Mom, Dad. I'm coming for you! Standing on the boundary of Life and Death, you closed your eyes and decided to let go.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

You managed to take another nap after your eight hour sleep while curling up in the box. Maybe because of the animalistic instinct of the cats to sleep and conserve energy for the hunt, whether wild or domestic ones. Or it was purely because of the exhaustion you had.

"Hey look, there's a cat in there." A young boy, probably around seven or eight years old based on his strain, notified someone about your presence.

Your ears perked up as a reaction to the footsteps running forward. "Great job!" The husky voice sounded like a teenage boy, complimenting his brother.

Glad to see you have a supportive brother. But would you mind not interrupting my sleep? You're still closing your eyes and ignoring the world until you trembled upon his announcement.

"We're gonna have a lot of fun." Rubbing the palms of his hands together, he smirked devilishly which sent shivers down your spine. You didn't open your eyes as it might get even worse, just slowly stretching your limbs, waiting for a chance to escape until you felt someone covered the box.

"At least try not to let it run away. You know how sly cats are."

It's another boy… No, they don't deserve this pronoun. Another roguish kid entered their playground. Just by hearing those unpleasant laughs when they're up to no good was enough to make you slap them in the face. Darn it… I can't get out. You smashed your paw down the box.

"Haha, it's scratching the box. Let's go to the yard over there." One of them suggested, making the boys run eagerly while you're inside the box trying to keep your balance.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

You felt the kid stop his feet and swayed the box from left to right. And as you expected, they moved a bit to the left area before that kid put the box down. "Alright, open it slowly!" The leader commanded.

You sure about that? You lowered your body and focused your strength down the paws for a quick escape. Eyes scanning for that ray of light, you tried to identify the exit. There!

"Arghhh! It's getting away!" The leader yelled in anger before he lectured the other male, "I told you to be careful!"

You dashed out of the box and heard those kids arguing in the back. But you didn't dare to turn your head around as someone was still running after you.

"Not so fast little brat. Where do you think you're going?"

Excuse me? Who do you call a brat?? Your brow raised up, I made my own money when you're wearing diapers and drinking milk, kid. Watch your mouth! You turned around to hiss angrily at the young kid, but only terrified to see the next sight. Oh no…

He jumped. Hands reaching out to grab your back feet, your chin smack down on the ground because of his sudden pull. "Got you!" The kid proudly said while his other hand grabbed your front legs and lifted you up in the air. It looked like he's about to bring you back to the slaughter-house judging this… well, hanging upside down position. You both headed back to the starting point.

"Hey, I got it!" The kid announced.

A cocky teen quickly grabbed the back of your neck and pulled you up higher in the air. "Think you can run away?" He smirked ironically and shook his hand to see how you would respond. After all, that inhumane kid loved to observe those tiny animals suffer. But the way you responded, it really got on his nerves. You didn't hiss in anger or struggle to escape. Just from above, sending your contemptuous look at the boy underneath. He hesitated before grinding his teeth and asked you intimidatingly, "What're you looking at?"