date? maybe.

"hello emiko-san?"

"hello emiko-san?"

"and what business do you have with me right now, takashi?" emiko placed her phone on her vanity table with the speaker on as she talked with mitsuya on the phone.

"may i request a job interview this afternoon, ma'am?" a hint of tease was heard on mitsuya's voice.

"what job are you talking about?"

"you'll see when you get at the cafe, i'll text you the address. see you there emiko-san." mitsuya immediately ended the call, not giving the girl a chance to talk.

'what a cocky bastard.' emiko thought to herself.

~~~~~~

"is this it?" emiko looked on her phone for five times now as she read the address mitsuya sent her. "it seems like this is it."

emiko immediately spotted mitsuya when she entered the said cafe, he seems to be wearing formal clothes looking like he was really about to apply to a job. sporting a blue polo shirt and black slacks that looks dashing at him, even a brown envelope was on his hand which contains his resume that is to be presented to the girl.

"emiko-san. i am very much glad that you have arrived here safe and sound."

"why are you suddenly speaking formally?" emiko furrowed her eyebrows as she pulled a chair across where mitsuya is sitting.

"don't be silly, emiko-san. we're on business matters, right now." mitsuya pushed the brown envelope towards emiko, gesturing for her to open it.

"i swear, takashi. if this is one of your silly pranks, i'll kick your ass here in no time." mitsuya seemed unfazed to emiko's threat and just leaned back on his chair.

emiko opened the brown envelope and the look on her face can't even be described, even mitsuya himself which made him grow anxious. he sat straight from his chair as his sweat glands are now gathered to his palms.

"mitsuya takashi." emiko looked up from the paper she's reading and stared at mitsuya who has sweats forming to his forehead. "'applying for the position of boyfriend in your life', huh?"

"skills and competencies. a face that you can't find anywhere. can cook to you at all times. free clothes because i'm an amazing tailor." emiko furthered read through his resume which made mitsuya looked around the cafe if someone is eavesdropping on them. "work experience. none but soon to be experienced with emiko-san."

mitsuya found himself covering his face because of the embarrassment he's facing right now which made emiko laugh since this is the first time she saw mitsuya acting like this around her.

"you're aware about my situation, takashi." emiko got his hand out of his face and held it, placing their hands at the center of the table between them.

"i am. take the risk to get the biscuit. wasn't it?"

"hm, really? what if you're like the other guys that will leave me for other girl that's completely healthy and not like me who could leave this world anytime now, huh?" emiko's voice was shaking but leaves no hint of emotions on her face. "i will not be here for too long, takashi."

"you said there's a cure right?" mitsuya's stare at emiko was stern and serious.

"there is but there's a big chance that i can't survive from i---"

"if you can't fight for yourself, then fight for me." mitsuya's hold from emiko tightened but not enough to hurt emiko, it still holds the gentleness that mitsuya's known for.

emiko leaned back to her chair and smirked. "you pass."

"what?"

"i said you pass."

"really? like we're dating and shit?" emiko ignored him and raised her hand to ask for the waiter which mitsuya immediately took it down and demanded for an answer first.

"okay, i take it back now. let's break up."

"your answer is invalid, emiko-san. a man should not take back his words."

"i'm not even a man, what are you talking about?!"