trouble

"apparently, my father allowed me to stay here for a couple of months

"apparently, my father allowed me to stay here for a couple of months." emiko said as she linked arms with mitsuya while strolling around shibuya.

"don't you need immediate medical attention?"

"our family doctor is out for an important business trip. i'll stay here for the meantime until he goes back. shouldn't you be happy though? your girlfriend's staying here with you for a couple of months." emiko irked as she eyed mitsuya who's now smiling sheepishly at her.

"uh-huh. sure." mitsuya grunted when he felt emiko's punch made contact with his stomach which made a few pass byers stared at them, confused.

"it seems like my brothers didn't took a liking to you, takashi. do you have something going on with my brothers? they know you quite too well."

"huh? i'm not sure, did we?"

"i'm pretty sure the 'haitani brothers' rings a bell to you."

'fuck.'

mitsuya stopped on his tracks which emiko also did and turned to him with an innocent look on her face.

"they always bragged to me about how they ruled the roponggi on their teenage days."

"is it perhaps.."

"yeah! them, ran and rindou." blankly staring at emiko was mitsuya that is now about to shit himself.

'of all fucking people.' mitsuya mentally said.

"emiko-san, it's better not to talk about it." mitsuya held her shoulders and guided her towards the school supplies shop.

"why are y'all not telling me about it? my brothers won't tell either." emiko looked over her shoulders which immediately stopped by mitsuya by holding her head in place.

"you get to pick my school supplies." mitsuya offered as a distraction to stop emiko from asking about him with the haitani brothers.

"your school's starting tomorrow, right?" stars and lights undoubtedly started to gather around emiko as she held mitsuya hands into hers. "i practically lived my whole life at the hospital or at home so i didn't got to school and pick some school stuffs."

emiko once again linked her arms with mitsuya as they entered the shop filled with school supplies and stuffs, completely forgetting the whole situation with mitsuya and her brothers. "well you got your time, go out and pick some stuffs for me."

~~~~~~~~~

after picking out some school stuffs for mitsuya which is too girly for his liking, they picked up mana and luna from their last day in summer school.

"nii-chan! nee-chan!" mana and luna ran to the direction of mitsuya and emiko who're waiting outside the gate of their school. emiko crouched down at their height and gave them head pats.

"is that a star i'm seeing?" mitsuya said as he got mana and luna's bag out of their shoulders.

"i was utterly very good at our class this time. look! i've got five stars on each hand." mana showed off her both hands to the teenagers which made them smile and praised mana non-stop.

"luna, what you got?" emiko turned her attention to luna who's holding her cheek, trying to hide something from them.

"i've punched some dip ass shit." luna proudly presented her bandaged cheek on them and lifted her t-shirt sleeves, showing her invincible biceps which made emiko and mitsuya gape at her.

"mr. and mrs. mitsuya? kindly see me at the office together with luna in 10."