XXXV

It had been over a week and after they had faced the Ducks and now the Don't Bothers were having a big upper hand with the arrival of Sofi, who was back where she belonged.

There were only a couple of problems with that new set up of the teams, and the main one was that Jason had been bold enough, to have chosen to rejoin the Ducks.

"My brother left us behind for the Ducks and our older brother Jayden Banks, yet again. I don't know why I ever expected anything else out of his sorry ass, but we now need to work at least four times as hard. Because he is goin' to be as tough a goalie to get past as any other of the other really good and pro, the great goalies. But Koob, I think that we specifically need to work with you to get your confidence up and to start firing shots off. So far, the defense has been doing all of your work for you, as we all work together to get it right into the other zone and in the goal." Charlotte had taken over the team, and Sierra, she at the moment now had her phone to her ear, talking to the absolute last person that she wanted to be speaking to on the phone, at the moment.

"Is that Banks?" Gordon asked as he went by and Sierra shot him a look of annoyance. "I will take my hot cocoa and my hot chocolate, and leave." He said simply and Sierra nodded.

"He joined up with the Mighty Ducks again? But I don't see why that is such a bad thing... does that not mean that he is just continuing our legacies as Ducks? Charlie's and yours and mine as well? I do not at all, really even see what your super big problem is with this to be really honest." Adam admitted and Sierra's eyes were distinctly upset, but he couldn't see it and she sighed.

"All the Ducks care about now are scholarships to the best schools, the money and going pro at age thirteen, Adam. The Mighty Ducks, hell even if it was just the Ducks... it isn't the team that you would like to remember it as, trust me. I wish that it was, but frankly it really isn't and Jayden, our most volatile and easily angered kid is now coaching him." Sierra muttered into the phone and Adam's cough was clearly indicating something, as Sierra waited for a second.

"So, what are you asking me to do then, Si? I mean, only a small time of two weeks ago, you were yelling and screaming at me, all about how I left you guys behind. What are you asking me?" Adam asked and Sierra's quiet laugh was right against the cell phone and she shakes her head.

"You already know what I'm asking for Adam, are you really going to just make me say it?" All she got from his end was silence, but since she had not heard the line click, she knew that he had heard her. "I need your help and Jason needs his dad, all right? So just... can you come back and give me a hand?" Sierra asked and her tone was full of stress and she shook her head.

"The Sierra Conway I knew would never ask for help..." Adam began as his tone was full of petty annoyance for the first time in years.

Sierra's hand slammed down into the table, and Adam heard the blow hit it through the phone, hit the surface of the table. "Adam, please. I have never asked you for help, not a thing, for almost six years. I need help with these kids, your kids and I can't do it anymore. I am at my breaking point. I am up to my ears in work, I am a hockey coach and I am taking care of twins. They need their father and I need my best friend, so please." Sierra wasn't lying, her tone was desperate, in fact, her tone was filled with desperation and pain, as she paced the room.

"I'm coming back to town for the Spirit of the Ducks Gala anyways, so I'll be there." Adam replied, the petty tone long gone and it was replaced by pain of his own, as the line went dead and Sierra slipped her phone back into her pocket.

Sierra was shuddering as she was trying to regain her breath control and she took one shaky breath and then another, and they soon began to come easier once again.

"Mom?" Charlotte asked uncertainly from the doorway and Sierra forced a smile onto her face, as the cracks that revealed the true situation were filled up swiftly and the smile, thankfully it looked real.

"I'm okay, sweetheart. Your Dad is coming home." Sierra said and it was her daughter's turn to look excited for a change, as Charlotte ran to her mom with a squeal of excitement. "Your dad is coming home." Sierra repeated under her breath with a small sigh.