Chapter 2 - Change

It has been 5 months since the departure of jac naylor and everyone as gotten over the fact that she won't becoming back...well almost everyone.
Kian.
Kian couldn't  just give up on her just like that. Even though he knew he hurt her so bad that she left, he loved her. Almost as much as he did with Vanessa and bea.

"Kian?" No response, "kian?..mate?!" To fletch it almost felt like he was talking to his imaginary friend.
"Sorry, I don't what just happened then, what is it." Kian said sitting up. He had been the only one doing the most shifts on Darwin. Fletch, chloe and nicky had noticed his lack of emotions and behavior, they were suspicious but they didn't dare say anything.
"Max wants to have a word with you" he opened the door and followed kian to the lift just to make sure he goes there and not pulses.
"Wait fletch, why does she want me?" Fletch just shrugged and walked off knowing kian definitely wouldn't go anywhere.

He knocked on the door. "Come in!" Max said through the door, waiting for it to open. Kian looked around the room before closing it.
"You um wanted to see me?"
Max nodded, "How are you kian?" He leaned against the door, confused as why she asked him. Why was she asking him that? Did she know what as going on? Did jac actually tell her? No don't be stupid kian just lie and act fine. But what if she knows what's wrong? He knew he couldn't tell her, "I'm fine." But max wasn't convinced, not by the slightest bit.
"Tell the truth kian" max demanded but in a calm voice.
"What do you mean" as he asked he could see max staring at his hands which were shaking. Kian walked over to the sofa and sits down - shoving his hands in his pockets, making max look at him then back at her computer. "You know exactly what I mean, a couple weeks before she left she told me about your....adic... problem"
"I'm sorry what?! I don't have a....." he had to calm himself down before continuing, "who told you" he look up at max.
"Kian you know I can't say that" she looked at kian making him feel even more agitated. Kian gets up "fine whatever" he mutters under his breath, he opens the door and slams it shut - making the door frame shake. He walked to darwin and went to the nearest storage cupboard. He locked the door to make sure no one would randomly walk in.

Meanwhile,
Fletch had been paging kian as he was needed on the ward."kian?! Kian are you in there!?" He went around all of the cupboards and offices but nothing.
Thump!!
"Kian?! Kian are you OK?!" Fletch backs up to get a clear image of what he's about to smash into "kian I'm about to break the door down"
Still no response. With the force of 1 human body, the door swung open.
As he walked in, he saw something. He went to see what it was,"kian..."