Chapter 9 - Back

The last couple of days were straining. It wasn't to do with marty or with the temptation of using again. He forced himself to do nothing but work out and go for long continuous runs. He ran almost 2 times a day and worked out for 2 hours. Marty could obviously tell what was happening. He'd seen it before, the last time marty helped him, he did this. Nothing had changed.

"Kian you know your going to collapse or overwork yourself if you keep on doing this. Day after day. Its been weeks" marty said as he sat kian down and got him a glass of water.

"I'm fine marty. And anyways I thought you said you'd only be here for a couple of days?" Kian took a sip of water and then put it on the table.

"Fine. Max wants me to try with you until your feel yourself again"

"OK....and whys that" kian questioned whilst getting up, pulled out a protein shake and opens it.

"Because she wants to talk today about you having your job back"

"OK and whens that" kian questioned as he washed out the bottle and put it on the drying rack.

" now, .... well,in 30 minutes" kian looked up to see marty putting on his shoes.

"What like now" kians finger pointed to the ground.marty nodded. " are you serious, I need a shower"

" quickly go up for one and ill take you"

As kian goes upstairs for shower marty texted max that they'll be a bit late as the drive is 25 minutes.

Luckily kian doesn't spend hours in the shower so he was down and ready with his shoes already on. As they both hoped in the car, kian questioned, "why am I in your car, I can drive you know" it was well into a minutes before marty replied, "yeah well I don't think max will be too happy if you tear your stitches open will she" he didn't get any response as that was a reasonable point.

20 minutes later they pulled up at the hospitals car park and they both got out, "ill see you at the end of my shift" marty said as he walked away. Kian already saw max at the benches with two coffee cups probably one for her and for him. As he walked over max gave him a welcome as he sat down. "How are you?" Max passed over his coffee which he accepted it in a small smile, "apart where everyone's asking me every 5seconds um yeah good " kian responded which in response max nodded "thats good, I have heard from marty that you've been exercising......alot apparently"

"Uh yeah marty Is just over reacting that's all I don't do that much" max nodded," if you want to take it I still have your job if you would like to, desk duties only for the first couple of weeks or months" kian nodded, "yeah ok"

" you can start next week" max stood up, suggesting kian should to which he did in the end.

"Nickys been asking about you" max said as they walked into the lift. "I'll go see her in a minute"

As Max headed to her office , kian walked to darwin. "Kian! What are you doing here?" Nicky said almost knocking over some files as she practically ran to him and hugged him. " just getting some things from my locker for now" She stepped back." What do you mean for now?"

" I'm starting back next week?"

"Thats amazing, anyways how are you?"

He just nods. " Anyways wheres jac?"

"Office" he nods as a ' thank you' was walks over. Knock.

" no!" Kian opens the door anyways

"Kian"

"Jac