Epilogue

"So, did it work?" Venti smirked, leaning a bit too close to Childe. 

"Did what work?" his face turned a light shade of pink. Zhongli ignored him, sitting a few spaces away at the bar. Diluc sighed, cleaning a glass as usual. 

"Oh, you know," Venti snickered, covering his mouth with his hand. He stared intently at Childe for a moment or two and then broke out into laughter. "It did! I see, your affinity has changed. How scandalous," Venti leaned back on the barstool so he could get a good look at Zhongli. "Is this what you do for all your sacrifices?" 

"I haven't the slightest idea as to what you mean," Zhongli replied, taking a sip of the drink placed in front of him. 

"Are you going to pay for that?" Diluc pointed. 

"Ah," Zhongli's eyes widened slightly. "I don-" 

"I'll pay for it," Childe scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Luckily he did remember to take some mora from the mora pit this time. 

"When did you get cash to spend, hm?" Kaeya appeared behind Childe and gave him a hug, dangling his arms in front of him. 

"I am acquainted with a very rich god," Childe chuckled, placing his hand on Kaeya's arm and leaning his head back to look him in the eyes. 

"If only that very rich god would help me with my tab," Venti sighed, leaning his elbow against the bar. 

"That very rich god is getting rather annoyed with the close proximity of a certain Knight of Favonius and-" Zhongli began but was cut off by Venti gliding around Kaeya and Childe to the seat next to him. 

"Now, now, don't be such a stick in the mud," Venti smiled, patting Zhongli's head. 

"The very rich god is also getting annoyed with a certain bard. Need I remind you of a previous loan?" Zhongli glanced at Venti who immediately stopped patting his head, his face pale. 

"Would that very rich god forgive me for a few thousand more years?" Venti asked, pleading as nicely as he could. 

"N-" 

"Let's not make hasty decisions!" Venti insisted. "I have other ways to repay you, right?" Venti grinned. 

"NO!" Childe stood up abruptly. Flustered, he cleared his throat. "I mean, no, the rather rich god only takes cash payments." 

"Oh? What did you think I meant?" Venti smiled innocently. "I was only suggesting I could repay him with an alliance of sorts, should there ever be another archon war. There aren't very many male archons in the seven, we boys have to stick together," Venti slung his arm around Zhongli. 

"That would require another war," Zhongli picked up a piece of Venti's sleeve and removed his arm the same as a clean freak would take out a trash bag. He stood up and dusted off the front of his clothes, exiting the bar. 

"Oh, uhm, how much?" Childe looked at the door and back to Diluc, then at the door again. 

Diluc sighed, shaking his head, "I'll have to make another tab..." 

"Thanks," Childe nodded and scurried off after Zhongli. 

"Look at you, being so kind," Kaeya grinned. 

"You need to pay off your tab by tonight or I'm banning you from this bar," Diluc pointed, glaring furiously. 

"Ehhhh? Why do I get such harsh treatment?" 

"Zhongli....Zhongli!" Childe said, sprinting to catch up. He panted heavily. "Why do you walk so fast?" he wheezed, placing his hand on his chest. 

"Apologies, I didn't realize-" Zhongli's eyes widened when Childe kissed him. He'd grabbed the collar of his shirt and dragged his face down. 

"You're my favorite, you know that don't you?" Childe said, glancing away shyly. 

"No, I think I might need another explanation." 

"Wha-?!" 

Zhongli placed his hand on the base of Childe's head, pushing his face into his again and moving his tongue into Childe's mouth. 

"Oh," the lady behind the flower stand sighed, "I wish Master Diluc would kiss me like that someday." 

Startled, Childe pushed Zhongli away and wiped his mouth. "S-sorry," he bowed slightly in the lady's direction before grabbing Zhongli's hand and dragging him out of Mondstadt. 

"We were in public. I forgot..." Childe wanted to slam his head up against a tree. 

"Childe." 

"How rude of us...I hope she wasn't bothered too much..." 

"Childe." 

"It was right in front of her stand too..." 

"Childe!" Zhongli reached his arm around Childe's waist and pulled him back. "You're going to walk right off the bridge and into the water if you keep going." 

"Eh?" Childe looked down at the distance between him and the edge. "Oh...." he nodded, looking up at Zhongli's face. "Oh!" His cheeks turned bright red. 

"Shall we go home?" Zhongli asked. 

"Home?" Childe blinked. "Home...is it really?" 

"Do you not want to call that place home?" 

"No, no, that's not it," Childe nuzzled his head into Zhongli's chest. "I just haven't had a proper home before..." 

"Well then," Zhongli kissed Childe's head. "Let's make it your first." 

"I'd like that," he grinned, grabbing Zhongli's hand. "It would be better if it was my only home." 

Zhongli didn't reply. He squeezed Childe's hand once and smiled.