~To Soon~

~Islas' POV~

I was woken up today by the sounds of canons in the distance, I rushed off the cot throwing Jack his shirt. We ran around the cabin pulling on our boots, strapping our weapons to our waists, I've been in the same outfit since we left the cove. I knew my hair would stay in its usual messy front braid, I slapped my hat on my head before rushing out on deck. I saw my mothers ship and what's left of their fleet only being four ships, I chuckled, we sank all of her other ones and now she's so screwed. I looked at everyone silently telling them to get ready, I made Sweet stay at the helm knowing I'd have to fight. I pulled my sword and waited for them to move knowing how impatient my mother truly is, I heard a canon go off and smirked knowing she was coming. We met with the other ships, us going from ship to ship, canons blasting, and wood flying in every direction. I jumped onto my mothers ship killing everyone who crossed my path. However when I saw my mother I couldn't believe that she was the same woman who brought me into this world. She stood before me in a red dress that had a light gold almost yellow front tie corset, and a long sleeve white under dress. She had her hair in a braid around her head with strands falling on the sides of her face framing it and making it look like she wore a crown. Her shoes were brown high heels that I could tell were held together with ties, around her waist was my fathers sword and sheath. 

I knew what she had planned, she was going to get her revenge using my fathers weapons, I sighed, shaking my head

"You really want to do this Mother?"

"Well I can kill you and your so called family, or you can return with me."

"I won't be returning without a fight, you know that."

She chuckled pulling my fathers sword and I knew that she wasn't going to give up, she would force me to come home if she had to. She thrusted towards me and I blocked her every move causing her to get angry, however the fight didn't last long as I looked around seeing my family held by what's left of the royal navy. I sighed with tears in my eyes before I felt a blade pressed against my throat, I looked at my mother and she smirked.

"Come home, or watch them die."

I let out a shaky breath before carefully nodding my head.

"Alright, but I have one condition."

She chuckled.

"Of course you do, you bloody pirate."

I sighed keeping my rage in check.

"Let my family go, let them live, and you can do whatever you want with me, you can hang me, imprison me, even make me marry Henrick. I'll do whatever you want, just please let them go."

She nodded for the men to let them go as she removed her blade from my throat, I sank to the deck with tears streaming down my face. I placed a hand on my stomach and knew that it was all over, I'll never be on the sea again, I'll never see my family again, and I'll never have the family I've always dreamed of. I felt two men grip my arms lifting me from the deck and holding me there while my family was returned to their ships. I saw Jack and he gave me a small sad smile, I knew that he'd come for me, and that's all the hope I needed to stand tall. I watched as they sailed away but then the rest of my mothers ships turned to fire on them, I started pulling and yelling.