☆ 𝗸𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

request by: ThatsNotP0ggers
tw/cw: wounds (not detailed), lemme know if something else
this is going to be platonic

request by: ThatsNotP0ggerstw/cw: wounds (not detailed), lemme know if something elsethis is going to be platonic

-▪︎-

it was five in the morning, the sun was rising. still the temperature was lower than last month, and the wind was colder. autumn was coming. the 19 year old dream had woken up ten minutes ago in his stone made house located a little far away from the actual castle. being a knight gave him the well needed adventure, even if he mainly protected the castle and the lands surrounding it, rather than going from battle to battle.

he ate a bit from the meat what was his salary for this month. he knew the king and the queen quite well, but knew that they wouldn't even remember his name. it didn't bother him, mostly because he got paid rather well and he could do the things he actually liked.

now dream was putting on his gear and walking towards his brown horse. the horse was one of the fastest in the kindom, so he could chase the intruders. sometimes he let them go, if the king hadn't heard about the suspicious person yet. if the king had heard, he was going to lose his job, maybe his life if he'd let them go away. one of the main priorities was to keep the castle safe. no outsiders close to it. therefore dream only had the other knights as friends. although they were all older or annoyed at him. the annoyance coming from the jealousy of the skills and the speed. so he lived and spent most of his time alone, not needing anyone else.

now he was scanning the forest, seeing if someone had gone too close to the castle. the cold breeze hit his face but all of his focus was at the possible hiding places.

after an hour he came across of a more dense part of the forest. a small curled creature was laying on the cold ground. dream took his greenish sword out and came closer. when looking closer he saw that the creature was a human, a boy, maybe two years younger than himself, wearing blood and mud covered brown and cheap clothes. more closer he saw that he wasn't going to run away. carefully going more and more close than before, he noticed that the boy was dangerously wounded and unconscious.

he hopped down from his horse and ran to the person. he checked the boy's pulse. the touch to his skin lasted very little amount of time but it gave dream crucial information. the pulse was still there, but he was freezing cold and almost bleeding to death. at that point dream was going to break all the rules the king had set by picking the boy up and hopping back to his horse. he held the boy close, praying that he would stay alive for the way back to dream's house.

when they arrived to the house, dream set the boy on his bed and ripped one of his white undershirts to use the scraps as bandages. he tied the fabric around the wounds to keep the blood in. next he put a blanket over the boy's cold body. he tried to make the body temperature higher also by dipping the extra fabric to hot water and putting the patches against the boy's body.

the color slowly creeped to the boys cheeks and soon they were redish color. dream stared the boy, his hopes up. maybe the now restful looking boy would wake up.