♡ 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿

angst
‼️tw/cw: suicide‼️

-▪︎-

"when i was eleven i met this boy. he was two years older than me. we played games and hung out. for the first time i had a best friend. that boy being dream and i am lucky enough to say that now seventeen years later we are still the same. the memories of us being kids come up again as we laugh for the stupid jokes"

it hurts

"troughout the years we have been growing up together. he knows things about me that no one else does. he helped me in everything and im always thankful for that"

don't cry

"even if we have grown together, we have met some new people. a lot of them are here tonight. and one of them is the main reason we are here.
george, when i met you, i had a hunch we would be friends. and so we have. but you also didn't have to be blind to see the bond forming between you and dream. and seeing you guys making each other smile and happy, makes everyone else in this room glad as well"

it's almost over

"so let's all have a toast to the amazing pair we have here. congratulations dream and george for getting married!"

you can be happy for them

"hey sap that was amzing speech, thank you"
"hah yeah i guess it was good, but shouldn't you go talk to others. we have for sure talked much troughout the years?"
"yeah i guess so"

and so sapnap wathed dream's back as he walked to go to talk with sam.

-▪︎-

the night had continued almost until 3am. everyone ordered their ubers and taxis.

"hey dudes gongrats for the hundredth time. i love you both" sapnap said as he hugged george and dream.
"we love you too, be safe, please"
"yeah, yeah"

and so sapnap was home. he wanted to write a thing. the only paper what he found was the wedding invitation. he went to his balcony and started to write. things he wanted to say, before he'd go.

he put on his white shirt with a flame on it on. he tied the bandana. it was a stupid look from eight years ago, but it reminded him from the good times. when it was just him and dream against the world.

on the other side of the wedding invitation he wrote:

i love you mom

he took a last glance to the night sky. then he walked with the card on his hands to the bathroom. he let the water run to bathtub. he couldn't even look at the mirror. as he sat there on his knees, playing with the water, while waiting, his mind went through the memories.

it was time.

as he put the card on dry floor beside him, he stepped in to the bathtub.

he took the blade and a deep breath.

it hurted a while.

then he was numb.

then everything went black.

it felt right.

-▪︎-

"hey george, have you talked to sap lately?"
"no not in a while"
"oh okay, he is not answering to my messages or calls"
"well ask his mom, she usually knows"

"hey have you heard about sapnap?"
"no, what happened?"
"oh im sure it's nothing, he just hasn't answered in a few days"
"oh god, have you checked his apartment?"
"no i haven't, would you like to go with me"
"yes please"
"im sure he's fine"
"hopefully"

as dream and sapnap's mom arrived to sapnap's door, they saw how all the lights were off. dream knocked first. nothing. louder. no answer.

they took the key under the doormat and opened the door. it smelled weird.

"sap are you here!"
"hello?"

no answer.

they started to go trough his house. dream entered to the bathroom.

"oh my gosh!"

dream started shaking

"no no no no no no please"

dream went to feel sapnap's pulse.

"NO"

dream cried his hand on sapnaps cold hand as sapnap's mom came in.

"no my baby boy. come back. it would all be okay. my baby"

dream picked up the wedding invitation from the floor. it had sapnap's messy handwriting on it.

to Dream<3

im so happy for you. you are my best friend. my first love. my only love. and seeing you happy makes me feel better. but not happy. not everyone's story has a happy ending. I've lived a perfect life. done everything i wanted to. you have a lot waiting for you. i don't. I'll have to find happines alone. but i don't wanna be alone. so this is the way i wanted it to go. this is the easiest way to make myself satisfied. and happy. i love you. i always have. but you have amazing life in front of you, so don't cry over me. i don't deserve your tears. i did myself right. and i found my happiness. now i can rest.

- pandas

his best friend, the most important person, took their own life so dream could feel happy.

and he died alone

his biggest fear was being alone

and dream just let him live in that fear

"i love you too" he whispered.

-▪︎-

"when i was thirteen i met this boy. he was two years younger than me. we played games and hung out. he was my best friend. that boy was sapnap and i am lucky enough to say that now seventeen years later we were still the same. us laughing on the stupid jokes, playing, spending hours in a call with each other.

and troughout the years we grew up together. he knows things about me that no one else does. he was one of the greatest persons, most amazing personality, really caring and loving."

dream's voice cracked but he managed to say:

"may his soul rest in peace"

-▪︎-

now dream had always a photo of him and sapnap on his wallet and on his phone case, both of their friendship bracelets on his wrist. the invitation in his nightstand ready for dream to read sapnap's last words. every week he went to light a candle to sapnap's grave. everyday he said something looking up to the sky. everyday he tried to tell sapnap that he was not alone and that he was loved.

only if dream would've done that earlier.

-▪︎-

i cried lol
1065 words