☆ 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺𝘀

angst+fluff
tw/cw: thunderstorms, panicking

-▪︎-

sapnap loved florida. living with his best friend. the weather. he could come up with few more reasons. obviously he missed texas. his family. the house he had been growing up. but right now florida felt more home. why wouldn't it?

but one thing he missed from texas, was the lack of wind. who could've known that wind makes such a loud noises. now was one of those times.
the wind was almost like yelling, the lightning flashing and the thunder roaming. he felt scared with the darkness surrounding him.

he knew the thunderstorm was going to come tonight. earlier dream had talked about it and they had made sure to unplug all the devices.

sapnap had had a long day and storm was the last thing he needed. he just laid under his covers, curled up, shivering from the loud noises. he felt tired but he was unable to sleep.

he hated this, but going to tell dream that he was scared, yeah no shot. that would just be humiliating. 'hey im sapnap and im scared of the loud wind and thunderstorms' he mocked himself, but his thoughts got broken by the next loud thunder. tears started to form on his eyes and all he could think about was how embarrassing his weakness was.

he hugged his other pillow tight against his chest while trying to distract his mind by recapping his day. all the good things. all the semi good things. everything. things that would be happening in the future.

his dreaming was quickly stopped as the thunder brought him back to this world, again. man, he just wanted to sleep. he heard a knock from his door and it started to open.

he just prayed dream wouldn't notice that he was basically shivering from fear.

"sorry, have you seen patches? she is probably hiding somewhere being scared"
"no i haven't seen her" sapnap answered truthfully while sitting up and looking at the doorway.
"oh okay" dream said as he turned around. he took a few steps and felt patches against his legs. dream went back to sapnap's door patches following him.
"found her!"
"cool"

dream could hear the slight panic from sapnap's voice and noticed that he held tight to one of his pillows.
"hey, do you have trouble sleeping?"
"yeah a little" sapnap answered while scratching his neck.
"would you like to come in my room and we could watch something from my laptop. since we both aren't sleeping"
"yeah that could work"

sapnap got up and grabbed his phone not minding that it didn't have any battery left. sapnap followed dream quite closely, but it only needed one thunder to make him grab dreams hand and step more close. blush creeped on sapnap's cheeks but in the dark no one could've seen it. dream slowed down a bit as their hands were still locked together and looked to the scared boy.

"hey we are okay, let's go"
and they walked to dream's room. other one closed the door and patches went to lay on the pile of clothes. dream took his laptop and sapnap sat on the bed. dream sat next to him and they both rested against the headboard.

sapnap suggested some anime and dream was okay with thinking it probably would make sapnap feel better. and it did. just a one episode later sapnap felt hard to keep his eyes open. he started unintentionally lean to dream and obviously dream noticed sapnap's tiredness.

"wanna go to sleep?"
"umm yes" sapnap mumbled and awkwardly started to get up.
"you're not going anywhere, it's still storming outside and i saw how terrified you were"
sapnap was relieved to hear this.
"i wasn't scared"
"okay then"
"it's just so loud you know?"
"yeah i know. let's sleep now, you've had a long day"

and so they lowered from their half-sitting positions to laying down. dream had to move patches a little so they could get the blanket to them.

the thunder unfortunately wasn't gone and the loud noise made sapnap stiff again. dream could sense it too.

"come here sap" dream held his arms open as sapnap scooted closer.
dream started to play with sapnaps hair and sapnap pressed his head into dreams chest.

sapnap's breath started to steady.
"let's make a deal. everytime there is a storm, we'll be together"
"okay deal. thank you dream"

dream answered just pulling sapnap tighter into the hug. he felt like protector of the younger one.

sapnap liked the feeling of being safe. especially being safe in dreams hands. and suddenly he started to look forward to the storms. for no particular reason at all.

-▪︎-

hehe
lel
785 words