☆ 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

fluff ig kinda angst not bad
platonic
tw/cw: loneliness maybe

-▪︎-

sapnap woke up to the sun bursting trough his window. he found his phone next to his pillow.
"fuck" he groaned when he saw the time. it was already 2pm.

he wondered why he woke up so late, remembering that he couldn't fall asleep last night and stayed up really late. so it all made sence again. soon he realised that the whole house was quiet. that made him think: this would never happen back home, since it felt there was always someone watching tv, bang some cutlery around and talking. living with dream, he had to get used to the silence.

he checked twitter, instagram and opened tiktok. it was a mistake, because he spent the next hour scrolling his for you page. he got up at half past three, since he felt like his insides started eating themselves from the hunger. he went downstairs and made some toast for himself, sitting in the silence cause he forgot to take his phone with him.

at this point he wondered where dream was, so he knocked on his door.
"what are you doing?"sapnap said as he stood on the door way.
"editing, i need to do this please!" dream answered with a little harsh tone. it didn't hurt sapnaps feelings, but it made clear that he should go away. so no hanging out today.

sapnap went to the couch and opened netflix. he scrolled through it, feeling the freedom of choosing whatever. before someone was always watching something boring. surprisingly it gave a lot of options and after 20 minutes he just settled on brooklyn 99 since he had been watching the show for a second time.
after two episodes he got bored and decided to call george to get him play with him. he didn't answer.

"probably sleeping"

he called punz, he wasn't at home, he called karl, he was filming with mr beast, he called quackity, he was at school. then he checked if someone was streaming, but no one who he could just jump in with wasn't. it felt like everyone had disappeared. everyone had something to do, other people to be with and he just felt lonely. he had no one in florida.
he started an alt stream to distract himself from feeling a little down.

"hi chat! so I'm playing valorant today"
"oh yeah i don't have anyone else here. i actually started my stream because all my friends ditched me and i was a bit lonely" he fake cried after reading a question from chat.
after three games he ended the stream, thinking he could maybe do a main stream later, since he had woken up so late. he went to the kitchen and soon dream walked in.

"did you have fun stream"
"yeah, how'd you know i streamed even" sapnap answered
"notifications you know, and you are trending on twitter"
"what, really?" he opened twitter and saw 'sadnap' was trending. someone had clipped the part where he said his friends had ditched him.

imagine disrespecting sapnap

no our man is lonely!!!

sadnap /j

and hundreds of same ish tweets, but luckily most of them had /j so people knew he was joking when he said that. he smiled as he read the tweets.

"i tought I'd stream later" he said to dream who looked at him confused.
"you just streamed"
"yeah but it was a bad stream, it was just distraction"
"distraction from what"
"well i felt little down, you know, and lonely if im being honest"
"i tought you were joking when you said that"
"i was, but if im honest, the whole day everyone have just disappeared and ignored me. and im still not used to the silence, back in texas there was always someone watcing tv or they found any other way to make noise. it has just felt little empty, you know" sapnap looked at the floor, avoiding dreams eyes, feeling a bit awkward and embarrassed.

"im sorry sapnap i dont want you to feel lonely at all. and im also sorry if i told you to leave and it came out rude"
"no no its all good im probably just overreacting"
"no you are not, everyone is allowed to feel things and now i feel bad that i made you feel even worse"
"well it's okay now"
"i can hear from your voice that it is not okay"
"it has just been long and boring day. I've been so alone you know? i don't have family or friends other than you in here."
"but you can always be with me i promise. and george is gonna be here soon and punz is gonna be here sooner."
"true, but i cant cling on you every second, you saw that yourself today"
"well obviously that doesn't work... let's make a deal, okay?"

sapnap nodded in redponse, waiting for dream to continue telling his idea.

"everytime you feel lonely and no one else can't be with you or anything like that, you'll tell me and if I'm in the middle of something i will make time for you"
"but then i would be disturbing your work and slowing you down and that's unfair"
"it is not unfair. but if you feel alone, that's unfair, at least for me. and i dont want that at all"
"but now it sounds like you are just pitying me. i knew i was overreacting"
"no its not pity, it is what friends do sap! and again you are not overreacting. just if that ever happens please tell me and I'll hang out with you. i also get a break so we both get something out of it. just think about it even"

sapnap didn't answer and he just looked down on his fingers.

"please" dream added.
"I'll think about it" sapnap whispered.
"thank you. now, do you wanna play mario cart?"
"really? mario cart!?"
"yeah well we haven't played it in a while"
"i mean sure i guess we could"

and so they did. both fully going in to the game, forgetting how good it was. also both were so damn competitive that the game was hella serious.

-▪︎-

it had been a few weeks since their conversation. punz had moved to florida but he instantly cought a clod so sapnap hadn't hung out with him yet more than twice. it was another day with george sleeping, quackity in school and dream working. karl was meeting some people in LA. so sapnap was alone again. he felt empty. how does everyone else have so much to do? how does everyone else have so much content in their lives?

his mind went back to the kitchen conversation few weeks back. could he now go and ask dream to play something. or would he think it'd be pathetic. he doubted for a while but eventually decided to just go for it.
he knocked on the door.

"hey, watcha doing?"
"editing, why you asking?"

sapnap suddenly came aware of the situation and started feelind anxious and embarrassed. it's just dream.
"i was just wondering if you would like to take a break?" sapnap stuttered a bit and hoped dream would catch the hint.
"yeah of course" the blonde one answered smiling.
"what you wanna do?" he continued.
"i was just thinking could we play some minecraft, like pvp, you know mcc is coming up and got to get warmed up"
"sure"

they had been playing for an hour.
"dream you should probably go back to editing"
"you sure? i really don't want to"
"yeah and you have to get the video out and george just woke up i can be with him"
"okayyyy"
"hey thanks dream by the way"
"you're welcome, the break was needed. just always ask if you want me to have a 'break'"
"i will, happy working"
"oh shut up"

-▪︎-

now sapnap sometimes comes for dreams room asking if he wants a break and obviously he always wants one. that lead them to hang out just the two of them playing or eating or talking. it was really nice for both of them. just hanging out and catching up. one of the best moments of their friendship.

-▪︎-

sorry for the lack of updates. i just didn't feel like it
now i do
so that's nice
yeah
its cold
and stuff
kekw
imagine freezing to death
i would rather drown
or like something quick
idk
have a nice day or night :-)
1413 words