➸ v

•꧁❝𝘈 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘦

꧁❝𝘈 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘦.❞꧂

They sat at the library, Todd and Neil joined them with a book, Neil was grinning.

"Guess what I found." Neil said dangling the book then throwing it to Charlie who caught it.

"A school annual?" Charlie said opening the book, he grinned when he realized. "Keating's school annual."

"Bingo! read what it says." Neil smirked sitting next to Charlie, Todd sat besides Knox.

"Captain of the soccer team, editor of the annual, Cambridge bound, Man most likely to do anything, Thigh man, Dead Poets Society." He read the last part more a question.

"Dead Poets Society? What is that?" Knox asked turning to Neil who shrugged.

"We were just going to head to Keating, ask him ourselves. Join us, yeah?" Neil smirked and Charlie quickly sat up and nodded.

Knox hesitated but stood anyways following them out the library as they walked to Keating's classroom.

"Mr. Keating?" Neil said but Mr. Keating pretended not to listen.

"Sir?" Knox said but still no response.

"O captain, my captain." Charlie said, this time Mr. Keating turned around with a grin on his face.

"Gentlemen, what can I do for you?" He asked as they walked closer to him.

"We found this." Neil said handing him the annual. Mr. Keating took it and flipped through the pages and laughing.

"What's the Dead Poets Society?" Neil asked after a few seconds.

"I don't think the current administration would want you to know." He said handing the book back. Neil's face showed curiosity. Mr. Keating looked at the boys before smiling.. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Yeah." Neil said smiling as the other boys nodded.

"The Dead Poets was dedicated to "sucking the marrow out of life." That's a phrase from Thoreau we would invoke at the beginning of every meeting. You see, we would gather at the old Indian cave and take turns reading from Thoreau, Whitman, Shelly -- the biggies -- even some of our own verse. And, in the enchantment of the moment, we'd let poetry work its magic." Mr. Keating explaining. Neil grinned and Knox raised an eyebrow.

"So, it was just a bunch of guys reading poetry?" He asked as Charlie laughed and rolled his eyes.

"No, Mr. Overstreet, it wasn't just guys. We weren't a Greek organization. We were romantics. We didn't just read poetry, we let it drip from our tongues like honey. Spirits soared, women swooned and gods were created, gentlemen. Not a bad way to spend an evening, eh? Thank you, Mr. Perry, for this stroll down Amnesia Lane. Burn that, especially my picture." Keating laughed as we all stepped out his classroom.

Meeks and Pitts joined us, "Dead Poets Society." Neil said with a grin.

"Dead Poets Society?" Pitts said giving Meeks a questioning look, he just shrugged.

"Tonight, I say we go tonight." Neil grinned looking at Charlie.

"I'm in." Charlie smiled, Knox looked at Meeks and then at Pitts.

"I don't know Neil, what is this? A midnight study group?" Pitts laughed.

"Oh come on Pittsie! It'll be worth it!" Neil smiled.

"His grades are hurting." Meeks said, Charlie rolled his eyes.

"You're coming Pitts, and you Meeks, are your grades hurting?" Charlie laughed and Meeks rolled his eyes.

"What are you six talking about?" Cameron asked walking over to them.

"Dead Poets Society." Neil said smiling, "you in?"

"I don't know..." Cameron mumbled.

"Oh come on! Carpe diem! Let's do something with our lives!" Neil said happily. "Todd, Pitts, Meeks, Charlie you are all coming."

"Wait! I don't want to join." Todd said looking at Neil, his expression immediately dropped.

"Why?" Neil asked.

"I-I don't want to read..." Todd blushed and looked away.

"You don't have to!" Neil smiled looking at everyone else, "they're fine with it right?"

"Yeah, come on Todd, Carpe Diem, seize the day!" Charlie beamed.

"I'm in, Todd, you're in too. Cameron, you're in too. We're all in." Knox nodded and Charlie smiled at him.

"Then it's settled, you're all in. Tonight." Neil smiled walking away with a smile, Todd followed behind him. They could hear him protesting and Neil not listening.

"This will be fun." Charlie smiled looking at Knox who nodded.

"What even is this society?" Meeks asked looking at them.

"You'll see." Charlie smirked walking away, Knox followed behind.

"Is this a cult?!" Cameron shouted.