➸ ix

•꧁❝𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯

꧁❝𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯.❞꧂

Knox had been avoiding Charlie since that moment, he hung around Todd and Neil more and would leave when Charlie would arrive at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Charlie felt bummed but expected this behavior and didn't take it to heart, although at first it was hard.

Charlie began to hangout with Gloria a lot more, learning more and more about her made him grow fond of her. The feelings surprised him at first, liking a girl but crushing and boys, never heard of before.

"Gloria?" Charlie said sitting next to her outside, he smiled at her.

"Hey Charlie. What's up?" She answered back setting her book down on her lap.

"Just wanted some fresh air, ya know?" Charlie smiled. They sat in quiet for a few seconds just enjoying each others company.

"Charlie?" Gloria said, Charlie hummed in response. "There's something I wanted to tell you."

"Oh, what's up?" Charlie answered looking her in the eye. She took in a deep breath.

"Charlie, I like girls." She confessed, it took Charlie a second to register what she had said.

"Girls?" Charlie questioned and she nodded.

"Yeah... girls..." She repeated this time a bit sadder.

"Oh, that's okay. I like boys, but I also like girls." Charlie smiled looking at her. Her face lit up with happiness.

"Oh god, I was scared! I thought you'd tel the whole school or worse." She chuckled standing up. "I had such a hard to figuring it out."

"Really?" Charlie asked as he too stood up. They began walking, at a good enough distance from each other.

"Yeah, I thought maybe going to a boys and girls school rather then an all girls school would change something." She chuckled, "it was a dumb idea, and turns out that nothing changed."

"Well, we may not be accepted now. I just know one day we will, one day the world will know and accept us." Charlie smiled looking at Gloria who nodded.

"I even have a girlfriend, her name is Tina, she's great." Gloria smiled.

"Who else knows?" Charlie asked.

"Just you. Can you keep it a secret? I don't want to be kicked out this school." Gloria stopped and looked at Charlie.

"Your secret is safe with me as long as my secret is safe with you." Charlie smiled.

•••

Charlie walked inside the school, Gloria had gone to her dorm room. Charlie walked a smile on his face.

That is until Knox shows up.

"Oh, hey Charlie." Knox waved. Charlie rolled his eyes and continued his walk.

"Charlie, wait. Can we talk... in private?" Knox asked nervous fidgeting with his fingers.

"You finally want to talk? After avoiding me and ignoring me? You haven't even been going to the meetings Knox." Charlie said angrily, Knox looked down and sighed.

"Please, let's talk." Charlie scoffed and continued walking. Knox followed behind him as they entered Charlie's dorm room.

"Charlie. I like you. I like you so much." Knox confessed. Charlie's eyes widened then they glared.

"You mean to tell me, you like me? But you still chose to ignore me?" Charlie asked and Knox nodded.

"Look, it's not easy... You know... Coming to terms with like guys..." Knox explained, Charlie rolled his eyes.

"You're annoying Knox." He said and Knox chuckled.

"So I've been told..."

"I like you a lot that for this one time I'll let this slide." Charlie smiled walking to Knox, Charlie's arms around Knox's neck. Knox rested his hands on Charlies waist bringing him in for a kiss.

The kiss was long and beautiful, their first kiss, magical. They pulled away and stared in each others eyes for a long while.

"Are we going to keep this a secret?" Charlie asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, until my parents are dead." Knox joked and Charlie rolled his eyes.

"Geez, that's dark." Charlie laughed.

"It's the truth, they find out I'm dating a guy and they'll kill me." Knox confessed dramatically.

"I won't let them kill you Knoxie, but we'll keep this a secret, until the world is more... accepting."

"Yeah, I agree, I like you, a whole lot Charles." Knox whispered bring him in for another kiss.