➸ vi

•꧁❝𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘮

꧁❝𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘮.❞꧂

It was late at night now as Cameron and Charlie waited for Neil's signal.

There was a barely noticeable knock on their door, Neil's signal. They waited a fee seconds before they walked out.

Knox, Meeks, and Pitts both followed behind them quietly.

They went down the stairs leaving dog treats to distract the dog before heading outside.

They began to run their black coats flying behind them as they laughed.

Neil and Todd were in front as they began to search for the cave that Mr. Keating had talked about.

Charlie stood behind Meeks who was clueless about Charlie's presence.

"I'm a dead poet!" Charlie shouted as Meeks screamed before rolling his eyes.

"Very funny Dalton." He grumbled, Charlie laughed.

"Over here!" Charlie shouted as footsteps neared them. Into the gave the seven boys went watching their step.

Charlie attempted to light a fire which was very unsuccessful.

"Are you trying to smoke us out of here?" Cameron coughed as Charlie smirked.

"No, no, the smoke is going right up this opening!" Neil said.

"You okay?" Pitts asked Meeks who began coughing.

"Oh, God. Clods." Meeks complained.

"All right, all right. Forget the fire." Neil said, Charlie sighed. "Let's go gentlemen."

"Forget it, forget it." Charlie mumbled.

"I hereby reconvene the Dead Poets Society, Welton Chapter. The, uh, meetings will be conducted by myself and the other new initiates now present. Uh, Todd Anderson, because he prefers not to read, will keep the minutes of the meetings." Neil began.

"Can't light a swamp." Meeks joked.

"I'll now read the traditional opening message by society member, Henry David Thoreau. "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life."" Neil said.

"I'll second that!" Charlie joked earning a few laughs.

""To put to rout all that was not life,
and not, when I had come to die,
discover that I had not lived."" Neil smiled flipping through a fee pages, "and, uh. Keating's marked a few other pages."

"All right, intermission. Dig deep. Right here, right here, lay it down." Charlie said as Cameron made a disgusted look.

"On the floor? We're going to put the food on the mud?" Cameron complained, Charlie rolled his eyes.

"Fine, Meeks, lay your jacket. Picnic blanket." Charlie said in a more demanding tone.

"Yes sir, use Meeks jacket." Meeks complained laying his jacket down as everyone threw their snacks in the middle.

"Don't keep anything back, you guys are always bumming my smokes." Charlie said as they threw more food in the middle.

"Raisins?" Knox said in a disgusted tone.

"Hey! Who gave us half a roll?" Charlie shouted.

"I'm eating the other half!" Pitts said.

The meeting had begun as everyone read stories, told jokes, read poems and laughed.

"It was a dark and rainy night. And this old lady, who had a passion for jigsaw puzzles, sat by herself in her house at her table to complete the new jigsaw puzzle. As she pieced the puzzle together, she realized to her astonishment that the image that was formed was her very own room." Neil began as Knox scoffed. "and the figure in the center of the puzzle as she completed it was herself. And with trembling hands, she placed the last four pieces and stared in horror at the face of a demented madman at the window. The last thing that this old lady ever heard was the sound of breaking glass."

"No shit." Knox said.

"Yes. This is true!" Neil said and Knox rolled his eyes.

"I have something better." Cameron said and Charlie rolled his eyes.

"That thing with the hands?" Charlie said before Cameron could even begin.

"I love that story!" Cameron said defensively.

"I told you that one!" Charlie said.

"No you didn't! I learned it in camp in sixth grade!" Cameron said back defensively.

"Teach me to love? Go teach thyself more
wit: I, chief professor, am of it. The god of love, if such a thing there be, May learn to love from me." Charlie read holding a photo of a playboy bunny up as the rest looked in amazement.

"Wow! Did you write that?" Neil asked.

"Abraham Cowley." Charlie smiled.

"Then I had religion, then I had a vision. I could not turn from their revel in derision. Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black, cutting through the forest with a golden track. Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black-" Meeks sang as the boys cheered.

"Meeks, Meeks." Charlie chanted as they got more into it.

"...cutting through the forest with a golden track. Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black, cutting through the forest with a golden track. Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black, cutting through the forest with a golden track. Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black, cutting through the forest with a golden track." Meeks sang leading them outside as they all began to sing and run outside towards the school.