일흔 여덟-78

"Anyway." Jungkook took a long look at Eunwoo and asked, "Fourth Hyung, I really can't understand your thought process. Why do you want to matchmake the girl you like to another guy?"

Eunwoo immediately frowned and snapped. "Jungkook!"

"Aren't you?" Jungkook replied while raising his eyebrow. "Taetae's marriage should have been good news for you because Joy would have needed to give up her feelings for him. Who knows if she would realise that you have always been there waiting for her. She might even be so touched that she wants to be with you."

"You should be thankful towards Noona, actually. But look at what you've done. You have been so upset over Second Hyung's marriage. Are you hoping that Second Hyung has a divorce so that Joy can get together with him?"

Eunwoo frowned even more. He wasn't hoping for Taehyung to get a divorce at all. He just didn't want Sooyoung to be so upset.

"Put some thought into this. I don't think he did anything wrong. I would do the same if I was in the same position. No one can insult the woman that I love. Even if you really don't like her, you shouldn't show it for Second Hyung's sake. How would you feel if Joy was treated the same way by another person?"

Eunwoo fell silent as he continued to bite on his lip. As Jungkook was about to leave so that Eunwoo could think things through, an angelic voice came from one of the rooms. It was a euphonious voice.

(Guess who?)

It could even be compared to the chirps of the best sounding songbird. Jungkook was shocked by the voice.

The voice was coming from the room opposite theirs. The clear voice had a sharp contrast to the noisy environment, and it was so calming that it would soothe the most anxious person.

Jungkook had never heard such a voice before. He loved it. It was so sweet and gentle that it aroused his interests.

"Damn! Fourth Hyung, can you hear that? I wonder who the goddess singing is. Her voice is so nice," Jungkook exclaimed as he couldn't resist such a voice.

Just like how he couldn't resist sweet and cute girls. Eunwoo also noticed the voice the moment it appeared. It was both unique and pleasing to the ear. But he wasn't like Jungkook.

Hence, he didn't give much of a reaction even though he found the voice to be nice.

He was so caught up with other things that he couldn't care less about Jungkook. Hence, he answered patronisingly, "Yup."

Excited, Jungkook exclaimed, "I've got to know who the owner of that voice is. I love it so much. If she looks as sweet as her voice, I'll chase after her immediately."

Eunwoo's mood was bad. Hence, he didn't want Jung to be so joyful.

He scoffed. "Everyone with a nice voice is ugly. Go and search for her, then. I'm sure that you'll find a masculine girl."

Jungkook replied, "Shut up. She must be a sweet and cute girl. My instincts have never failed me."

"Hehe, why don't we have a bet?"

"Bet? What are we betting on?"

"If the owner of the voice is ugly, you owe me a car. I want your new sports car. Likewise, if the owner of the voice is really pretty, I owe you a car."

Jungkook's interest was aroused, and he asked, "Are you sure about that?"

Eunwoo scoffed. "It's just a car, who would even joke over it."

"Alright!" Jungkook agreed to the bet excitedly. He then said confidently, "You're gonna lose Fourth Hyung. Let me thank you first. I'm so sorry to make you spend so much money again."