사십-40

Although Haruto had already said it, Chaeyoung still did not believe that Lisa was already married to that man.

How was it possible. How could such a classy man pick someone like Lisa as a wife? The wealthy were very particular about finding a good match.

She was able to be with Jaehyun because of the success in her career. Even as the Park family wasn’t rich enough, she was earning a pretty good sum on her own.

But Lalisa? Besides her slightly better looks, she was nothing but a poor woman. The most she was worthy of was to be someone’s mistress for them to play around with.

She was no more than a mistress to that outstanding man! She was being pampered now, but she’d be dumped in no time.

“You’re talking crap!” Haruto flew into a rage upon hearing her words. “Noona isn’t that sort of person. Chaeyoung, don’t think everyone’s as shameless as you are. Get out, get out now! If you dare mention another bad word about my sister, don’t blame me for being mean.” Haruto raised a fist.

Chaeyoung was very upset. She didn’t expect Haruto q to be this protective of Lisa. She swallowed her anger and continued feigning gentleness.

After taking a deep breath, she went on trying to convince him. “Haru-ya, I’m speaking the truth. Unnie has been…”

“Scram!” Haruto picked up a glass from his bedside cabinet and hurled it towards her. “Scram now!”

Chaeyoung saw a glass coming her way before she was done talking. She quickly evaded it. The glass landed on the floor and water spilled all over.

“Haruto, are you mad!” Chaeyoung finally erupted.

“You’re not leaving?” Haruto grabbed a vase.

“Y-You lunatic!” Chaeyoung hurriedly dashed for the door as she saw that he might aim the vase at her.

She stopped at the door and said indignantly, “Haruto, everything I said is true. Sister knows you wouldn’t be able to accept it, so she lied about the marriage. Your surgery cost a bomb, and she was unwilling to receive help from me and Oppa Jaehyun. Honestly, she did it all for you, but…”

She sighed again. “This isn’t anything glamorous. I’ve said my piece, it’s up to you to believe it.”

With that, Chaeyoung left the ward.

Lisa woke up and found herself in a foreign place. She walked out of the lounge and saw Taehyung sitting at his work desk.

His sleeves had been rolled up his forearms and the first two buttons of his black shirt had been undone, revealing his chest. The way he hung his head low made his jawline appear exceedingly attractive.

The office was quiet, and she could hear the occasional flipping of papers as he looked through a document. The curtains were drawn halfway, and light poured onto the ash-colored ground with shadows of the curtains’ patterns.

They said that men looked the most alluring when they were serious.

Lisa couldn’t agree more at this point in time. Taehyung looked extremely captivating when he was concentrating on his work.

Even without speaking, even without any expression, he exuded a thick air of asceticism.

It was hard to associate the him she saw now to the man who was always passionate when around her. It didn’t seem like both personas were, in fact, one person.

Not wanting to disturb him, she tiptoed out as quietly as possible. But the moment she took the first step, the man looked up at her.

He asked tenderly, “Jagi, did you sleep well?”