Long time no see

A/N: hello, beautiful people! Hope y'all are safe and good. Enjoy!

I entered the bar and asked the bartender for a double shot of whiskey.

"Right away, miss Jones."

I smiled. Of course he would recognize me. In a blink of an eye my drink was fixed.

"Thank you, dear!"

"My pleasure, ma'am. I'm a big fan!" He said with a shy smile.

"Oh, really? Thank you very much!"

"Yes! You inspired me to pursue my dream. I want to be a filmmaker too. And one of your interviews about the last documentary was really special for me. And I'm so sorry, I didn't introduce myself, I'm Jonathan."

"Well Jonathan, I'm very happy to be an inspiration for you. I'll be glad to help you with anything you need. Are you in college?" This kid is very interesting. Seems to be a good and hardworking guy. Smart too.

"Not yet, miss Jones. I'm always taking double shifts to be able to pay for the tuition."

"Gotcha. And call me y/n, please. Listen, you seem to be a good kid. I can see that you're working hard and I'm 99% sure of my intuition, so let me ask you something."

"Yes, you can ask me anything."

"Would you mind if I helped you with the expenses? I can recognize a talent when I see one. I've been in your place years ago and someone very special helped me. I know how hard this field is. So I really would love to help you."

The feeling of nostalgia was almost overwhelming. My now late aunt helped me when I needed it the most. I'll be forever grateful for her believing in me, believing that I was talented. And something like that, one can only repay by doing the same. I see his eyes shine with tears.

"Oh, y/n! I don't even know what to say. I cannot accept it. I want to, because I really want to be as great as you someday. But I don't know. We just met and I'm just a bartender." His confusion was clear. And I understand his point of view. But I won't give up that easily.

"Jonathan, I was just a waitress. Cliché, right? I know. And now I'm here, being praised for my talents by a also talented 'John Doe'. You won't be as great as me. You'll be even greater! And I want to see that happen!" I put my hands in his and squeeze them hard.

"Has anyone told you how convincing you can be? I'm really touched by your true and kind words. I can't believe this is happening. As a queer guy I know how difficult things can be for us. And we do need to uplift each other. I'm so glad right now I could explode. And I promise you, y/n, if someday I reach your place, I will help as many people as I can." He got it. He understood exactly the importance of giving people opportunities to grow and make the world a better place. More fair. More diverse and inclusive.

"I'm so glad that you'll let me do this. Here, take my card. And put your number on my phone, just in case you are too ashamed to call me." I give him my card and my phone. He puts his number on it and gives it back.

"Thank you so much, y/n! You're a really special person! I always loved you and now I do even more."

"Thank you, Johnny! Excuse me, I have to go to the toilet. Be back in a sec." He nods and smiles.

I'm insanely happy! This kid is gonna be amazing! I have an amazing feeling towards him and I know I'm right.

After doing my stuff, I head back to the bar. Halfway, I bump into someone.