A bit of confort

Overworked. Overstressed.
Over e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

I knew when I decided to be a multi artist that things were not going to be easy, but God damn! It's too much and it's my fault. Working on a new movie, writing for the magazine, playing in different bands whenever I'm invited... I just don't know how to say "no" to work, because I always see it as fun. Then comes the stress.
Not to mention my family, I'm in debt with them and I know that.

My head is so fucking full that I don't even realize that I'm already in my front door.

"Lena, I'm home!" Shoes and coat off, I go straight to the kitchen.

"Upstairs, love!" I drink a whole bottle of water. "Jesus, water is really good!"

"What did you say?" Did I say that out loud? The fuck is going on with me today? Running upstairs I go to our bedroom.

"Thinking out loud, apparently. Water is really good." I kiss her temple and she laughs.

"What a realization! How was your day?"

"Full." I take the rest of my clothes off. Standing in front of the mirror, I observe my body. At least I'm still hot.

"That's it?" She also stares at my body.

"What do you want me to say?" I chuckle lightly.

"I don't know. You have an interesting job. Jobs, actually. You're always doing something new." She runs her hand through my hair and kisses my chest.

"Well, today I was at the studio, recording the piano for Del Rey's new album. It's gonna be a great, great one, mark my words!"

"Oh, baby! That's wonderful! I can't wait to listen. Now, go take a shower and I'll make something for you to eat."

"Thanks, lovely. The kids have already eaten?" I step into the shower.

"Yes, they're sleeping."

"Ok, after showering I'm gonna kiss them goodnight." She winks at me and leaves to the kitchen.

Oh, our kids! I love them! I swear to God, they are the most beautiful twins ever to exist and it's not just 'cause they look like us! It's been a while since I spent some quality time with my babies, I miss them so bad!

I step out of the shower and put on a robe and spray my cologne. Yeah, I love using one of my colognes to sleep.

I go to the children's room, kiss their heads and pull up their blankets.

"Good night, angels!"

"Mama, is that you?" Gale opens his eyes searching for me.

"Yes, ma boy, I'm here. Go to sleep now, ok? I love you!"

"Ok, mama. I love you." I swear, I could literally die for these kids.

"Oh, mama."

"Yes, babe?" I run my hand through his soft hair.

"We really miss you!" he falls asleep again.

OK, that really hurt. I know I've been absent, but hearing it from them it's hard.

My eyes fill up with tears and I go to the kitchen.

"Love, I made you some tea and a sandw...WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" she runs to hug me and, yeah, that's it, I colapse in her arms.

"I'm a horrible wife and a shitty mother to our kids." I'm sobbing so hard, my chest hurts like a motherfucker.

"Sweetheart, what? Why do you think that? You're a hardworking woman, who takes time to make everyone in your surroundings feel good. I know that you are working too much, but I understand how much your career means to you, just as much mine's means to me."
At this point, nothing can make me feel better. I hear her, but...

"And I KNOW that you're not absorbing anything I'm saying now, because only you can get yourself out of this shitty place, but please, listen to me." She turns my head to her direction and cleans my tears.

"I'm listening." I say more calm, my voice soft like silk. This woman has such a power over me!

"Good. You need to get rid of one of your jobs. I know that you love writing for the magazine, but that's the most consuming thing that you're doing right now."

She's right. Even though I absolutely love writing, I need to focus on balancing my work life and my personal life. And right now the balance it's not even close to equal.

I look at her. Gosh, she's the most gorgeous woman that I have ever seen in my life.

"You're the most gorgeous woman I ever laid my eyes on!" She looks at me, totally confused and that makes both of us laugh.

"Thank you, Lena. For bearing with me. I know I'm crazy and you're right, I'll go to the office tomorrow to sign my resignation. And I promise you, you'll see a lot more of this old face of mine." She smiles and I can see the relief in her eyes. I love this woman so much!

"That's good, love. That's really good. I hope you know that you're one hell of an artist and that's why everybody wants to work with you. I'm super proud of you! But you're in need of some private time." She leans closer and, oh my God, I miss those lips.

"And I'm looking forward to see your gorgeous face every fucking day!" She whispers, her eyes on mine, her lips hovering mine. And then it's my time to whisper.

"I'm gonna make it up to you in every way possible, my love. Starting now." I kiss her. My God, this woman is so hot!

Kissing her feels like dying and going to heaven. I slip my tongue into her delicious mouth, deepening the kiss and she moans.

"Take me to bed, Jones. Now!"

A/N: I know, such a cliché song, but I really love it and it kinda fits the story.
Much love to y'all! 💕