Prologue

20 years ago...

Irongrove was a mining town located on the southern edge of Draco Isle, the first and only time humanity braved the dangerous wilds to colonize the island. Draco Isle was infamous for containing large presences of Grimm, and most of the island was a desolate wasteland that was unfit for living because of the large Grimm presence. So why would humanity wish to colonize there?

The answer, is because of a rare mineral that was only native to the island, that had been found inside the mountains of Draco Isle during several reconnaissance missions. A metallic alloy that, when placed under intense heat, would liquify to allow itself to be molded into any shape, and when removed from heat, would instantly become metal again while maintaining its natural strength.

The scientists of Irongrove decided to name it, pyronium. It was a revolutionary discovery, and the key to finally being able to colonize a portion of Draco Isle. By using advanced mining equipment from Atlesian science, the people of Irongrove used pyronium to construct unassailable walls to defend the city. The outer wall was designed to not only defend the city, but would also attack intruders with the aid of a dust infusion that would repel attackers from the land and sky.

But then, one day, all communications from Irongrove ceased. And with the advanced security system, no one could enter the city to investigate the sudden disappearance of an entire town. Many people declared this as a sign, that humanity should never colonize Draco Isle, and declared the town of Irongrove haunted.

To this day, several expedition teams have attempted to investigate the town, but every time they were stopped by the still functioning defence system. Nobody knows what could have happened to the people of Irongrove, and it seems most likely that the secret will never be discovered.