Chapter 2: Beginning Beacon

The long flight to Vale seemed to fly by in moments. Alex and Weiss had a few pieces of cake over the flight, before Alex offered the pilots a slice as a show of gratitude. They then spent the rest of the flight either chatting, performing calibration tests on their weapons, to exchanging battle tactics in preparation for the initiation.

Weiss: "Hmm, I wonder how they break the students into teams."

Alex: "Dunno, but Penny did mention that the initiation involves being dropped into a Grimm infested forest. Maybe it's a simple selection, like numbering the students then paring based on numbers."

Weiss: "Perhaps, but I don't see how that would be efficient. Perhaps teams will be made in the heat of battle?"

Alex: "If that's the case, you and I will have no problem then."

Weiss smirked and nodded in agreement, before a tone echoed through the airship. The captain had activated the speaker system.

Captain: "Ms. Schnee, Mr. Sieben, we are just outside the Vale border, eta thirty minutes."

Weiss: "Thank you captain."

As the intercom shut off, Weiss glanced at Alex who was looking out the window.

Weiss: "Alex, I never asked before, but why the sudden change to come with me to Beacon? General Ironwood would have been overjoyed to have you attend Atlas Academy."

Alex bit the inside of his cheek, wondering to himself it it was good idea to tell Weiss that her mother asked him to change academies. Weiss had been staring at him intently for a few moments, her patience visibly beginning to show that she was running out of it.

Alex: "Your mother asked me to."

Weiss: "Mom?!"

Alex nodded as he sat up in his seat, resting his chin in his hands.

Alex: "She was worried, Weiss. She knew that you had personal reasons to leave Atlas, and she wanted someone whom you trust to go with you. I agreed because of two reasons, one being to give her peace of mind, and the second was so we'd study together as planned."

Weiss remained silent, turning to look away from Alex as she thought to herself. Alex sighed and was about to speak when Weiss beat him to it.

Weiss: "Thank you, Alex. For being honest and agreeing to come."

Alex: "Of course, Ms. Schnee. Always happy to serve."

Weiss: "Oh, quiet you!"

Weiss playfully swatted at Alex who laughed as he defended himself from the attacks. The both of them, while Weiss may have been off put by the means, were glad to be studying at the same academy.

Meanwhile...

Jacqueline was sitting on the edge of her bed, solemnly staring at her scroll after listening to the recording of her father's call again. Her stomach was doing somersaults, as her blood felt like it turned to ice.

Quinn: "My daughter... And I want to know why Marilynn had to die. You had better have my answers when I see you."

Those were his words to whomever he was speaking to. Jacqueline set her scroll on her lap, realizing that her hand was shaking just from hearing her father's voice.

Jacqueline: "To think, I haven't heard your voice since..."

Her mind began to drift, as the last memory that she had of her father came back to her.

Quinn: "Get your hands off me! Don't you dare take her from me! She's my daughter! My property! MINE!!"

She slammed her eyes shut, forcing the memory into the back of her mind. That was the day Jacqueline's grandmother had gathered hard evidence to prove that Quinn was an abusive monster. The day a nine year old little girl watched as the Vale Police shoved Quinn into the back of their squad car, and finally feeling safe from him.