3.

"Nikkhu, get up beta. You will be late for college otherwise." I can hear Khala speaking just as I stir and come back to Earth. I get up yawning and see I am still in servant quarters. I smile at Khala and get up to go to my room. I begin walking towards the main building when I suddenly see a stray dog barking at me. How did he get into the mansion. Damn those watchmen who I bet are sleeping during the night duty. Oh my god, it's walking towards me!!
Please save me. Just as it is about to walk over me, I see a stick thrown its way which scares it and he starts running away. Phew!
As I turn around to see who my knight in shining Armour is, I see Mr.Khadoos (Meanie) standing there.  He has a blank look and his messy hair indicate he just got up. I don't bother thanking him and continue towards my room.

As I get out of the main door, I see the car is ready and get into the backseat. I can't help but notice he cleans up pretty well. He has the looks of an Adonis. I bet he could have any girl he wants. I wish I could run my hands through those smooth curls of his. My reverie is broken by clearing of a throat which by logic is obviously his. He has an eyebrow raised and there is a hint of a smirk playing on his face. I roll my eyes and focus on my phone.
Way to embarass yourself Nikhat!

I still hate him though. No matter how charming he is.

I get down as we reach college and I see Kamraan walking towards me. He is one of those popular kids you meet in college and want to be associated with. I was always bored with him. Though I think he has a crush on me.
"Heyya, Nicks! How ya doin' today" he calls out and does a lousy job at checking me out which is uncomfortable for me. This jackass needs to keep to himself but before I could call him off I see Noaman clenching his jaw and his fists are in a tight hold.
Uh-huh, let's have some fun.

I smile back at Kamraan and he is surprised but covers up quickly and loops his hand over my shoulder excitingly thinking he has my attention. How far from the truth!
I keep talking to him about random stuff right there so we are within Noaman's hearing range and I see from the corner of my eyes how he is getting riled up. I mentally pat myself and try to concentrate over what is this kid blabbering about.

"I was going to this new cafe that has opened up recently. Would you join me after college today Nicks?" He asks me. Although I am not interested, I decide to go with the flow. "Umm, alright then." " Cool, I will take you on my bike after college then?" He excitedly chirps and before I could reply I hear Noaman from behind me, " I have strict orders from Mr.Patel to escort Nikhat wherever she wants myself and not let her leave with anyone. Thus, I am afraid you can't take her with you but if she decides to go , I  will drop her and Ms Patel, your bell rings in two minutes" he says and all I can focus on is the way he called my name. Man was it sexy. Before I embarass myself again, I walk towards my class.

Just as college finishes, I get into the car and just as decided head towards the new cafe, Cafe D'Lite. Rida would also be joining us. I can see Noaman's knuckles turning white. He looks like he could kill Kamraan any moment. But he wouldn't, would he?
As I am getting down, " I am just parked here Ms.Patel, incase you need me just give me a call" he sounds as if he is in pain but I don't bother replying and without a second glance I walk out .

All the while we were in the cafe, I did not focus much on what these people were talking about, just giving my input here and there. Why would Noaman be angry with me going to a cafe with the boys. And the look on his face when Kamraan was checking me out said he would definitely kill him if it wasn't illegal. Why would he be concerned about me? Or am I reading too much into the lines. While I was in my fantasy world, I could seee Kamraan bending towards me and putting a slice of pizza in my mouth. He was too close for my comfort. I have never had a boyfriend or noticed a guy before not because I think too high of myself but just because of what Papa taught me. He said an ardent Muslim doesn't get into  haram stuff and that's what I try to do.

Before I could push Kamraan away, I see Noaman has alredy done that and I can see a fight developing here. Noaman  punched him in the guts and I knew I had to interrupt, "Stop it Noaman, what are you doing here when I asked you to stay back?" I shout. I know I am being a bitch but he doesn't have any rights to show up like this and create a ruckus. He looks at me in disbelief and shouts back, " He was making you uncomfortable"
" Whatever it is, it is my business and you are just my driver so don't interfere in matters that don't concern you. Before I get you fired, get out of here and stay near the car."
His eyes showed hurt for a split second but he masked it quickly and stormed out of the cafe.

I turn towards Kamraan and his gang and see he is frightened with what happened, he should be. "Just because I stopped him doesn't mean what you did was right. Never again get closer to a girl until you have her consent. Otherwise I will make sure you rot in jail for the rest of your lives, get that?" I say calmly  but with an icy tone. I grab my purse, pay my bill and dash out.

As I reach my car, Noaman is already on his seat and seems much calmer. As soon as I get in, he starts racing and is driving fast towards out house. I can see I have offended him too much and I know it's my fault this time. I want to apologise but this guy brings out the worst in me. We reach home in half the time and I decide I will apologise after he cools down. With that in mind I get down and before I know I am being pinned to door of the car I just shut behind me. I raise my head and see Noaman is holding both my arms tightly in his and staring right into my eyes. "Never again tell me what to do. I know I am just your driver, you don't have to remind me again and again." He says so lethally I am afraid the words will cut through me. He is so close to me I can hear his uneven heartbeat. This up close, his eyes seem more dominating and could give you sleepless nights for years. My breathing goes harsh and it is now that I see him realising our close proximity but he doesn't budge. If possible, he comes closer and whispers in my ears, "Don't wear skimpy clothes like that again to college" and I should be angry at him for making remarks like that especially when he has no rights to say that but I am speechless for some reason. Him telling me to not wear revealing clothes somehow tells he doesn't want men noticing me and that is turning me on. The feminist in me wishes to snap back at him saying i would wear whatever I want but I am overcome by this strong urge to stay silent and just keep listening to him. I wish I was closer to him than this. Astagfirullah! (God forgive me)

Stop it Nikhat. Stop fantasizing about him. I push him away unwillingly and just get into the house. My breathing is still erratic and I can't seem to forget our proximity. I can't think about him like that. What would Papa say? This is all wrong. God, please give me strength to stay away from him. With the new mission of keeping myself away from him, I spend the rest of the day doing random stuff.

Next day, I decide to go with a long dress shirt that reched my knees with pants just for a change from the western clothes and walk down for breakfast when Khala says, "Yoh look beautiful Nikkhu, just like your mother when she got ready for your father" and that has my eyes brimming with tears. Miss you Mama.
I recover quickly and sit down not before hugging khala.

I walk out and can see Noaman giving me a once over. His eyes have an appreciative glint, which makes my heart skip a beat. Still, I pretend I didn't see him and get into the front  passenger seat. He is surprised but hides it well and goes back to his place. We begin the journey and I put on the music. The silence isn't pricking but comfortable. I look towards him and give a slight smile. I hope he knows that this is a peace call. A truce between us. His eyes display the shock he is feeling but he doesn't reciprocate my smile. As we reach the college, "Even though, I shouted at you yesterday I still appreciate your help and I am also apologising for all those times I misbehaved. I am sorry"

He just nods his head and I know I am forgiven with the soft look in his eyes. I smile and go to class.