8.

*Nikhat's POV*

There is something strange about today. Why did my alarm not go off?
I try to shift sides but find myself trapped. Trapped? Who the hell dared do this?

I slowly turn around under the tight grip, oh it's Maan. His one hand is looped around my waist and the other under my head. He is completely spooning me. Is it really happening or am I dreaming? Let's follow the age-old technique of answering this. Simple. Pinch yourself. I did just that and turns out it's reality. Stop wasting time Nikkhu, this is a golden opportunity to observe him.

His features resemble that of a Greek God. I run my hands in his hair which are just as soft as I imagined. I then bring them down towards his nose which is as straight as a line. His jawline, his cheekbones, everything is perfect and to the point. But I can't see my favourite part  of his face, his eyes. His coal black eyes, they can hypnotise me any time of the day.

I need to get out of here before he wakes up, that's when I notice I am still in my lehenga. But my jewelry is on his dressing table. I smile at his care. But I am still angry at him for ignoring me. I walk out quickly.

I freshen up and decide to try my hand at making oats, I remember  Khala telling me it's one of the easiest recipes. I search in the kitchen cabinets and finally find oat powder. Let's get the plan on board now. Fifteen minutes later, my breakfast seems ready and when I tasted it, it looked edible enough. I am suddenly engulfed in a pair of hands which I am sure belong to my husband. His natural smell is my addiction now, he places his chin on my shoulder giving a quick peck on my mole which is at the junction of my neck and shoulder.

Though I am flattered because this is the first time he is showing his affection openly, I am still hurt with his dismissal of me the other day.
"Naraaz ho?" ( Are you upset with me?) Comes his husky morning voice.

I don't reply, "I made oats for breakfast. You can have it if it is edible enough" I say in my professional tone and try getting out of his embrace. Who am I kidding? This six feet something walking talking wall won't let me budge.

"Only if you accept my apology for ignoring you. I am sorry, I did not know how to deal with the sudden change. You are the princess of that mansion and I am a commoner. It was  difficult to digest that we are married", he explains. I turn around to look into his eyes. They hold nothing but sincerity and a bit of guilt.

I nod, " It's fine, dont worry." I am scared how he can change my mind so quickly. I have been called head-strong for as long as I can remember. But his cute apology won me over, I think is it always going to.

He grins and then pulls me with him to the dining area. We have breakfast quietly, " This is good for somebody who cooked for the first time." He says. " How would you know I never cooked before?" He smirks, " I know a lot more than you think I do." I shrug my shoulders.

Later he gets a call, and wishing me a quick bye he is off to work. I have a one week leave from college. So I decide I want to learn cooking for him in the time that I have, hence I invite  Suman Khala over to teach me  which she happily obliges.

The rest of the day is spent in learning some easy dishes. Cooking as it turns out is actually fun. When it's 8 at the night, Maan is still not home. So I decide to call him, "Maan, where are you? You didn't even come home for lunch" I say in one go as soon as he picks up. He is silent for a few seconds, "I had some important work Nikhat, I had my lunch at office. I will be home soon. Wait for me", he says and I hear the beep indicating the call is over.

He comes home shortly after, I rush to the door, once he comes in I can see his tired face and messy hair. I quickly hug him,  I missed him. Wouldn't know I will be attached to him in such a short span. He wraps his arms around me, kissing my head.
"Go get freshened up, the dinner is ready." I tell him and he just nods.