12.

*Nikhats POV*

I have been trapped here for God knows how long. They have bound my hands behind the chair I am seated on and put a tape over my mouth, the cliche way of kidnapping ya know! Couldn't they be slightly creative? Suckers.

I was just going to Rida's lawyer's place to collect the official divorce papers after which a notice would be sent to Noaman. But alas, these goons had to interrupt me. I am somewhere happy they did. I would have some more time with Maan. How much more pathetic can you get Nikhat?
He detests your presence so much that he staged an act of cheating just so you could leave. Yes, I found out the truth. Rida was suspicious about this act of his and wanted to get to the bottom. So we located the bitch that came with my Maan that day and she confessed it was all an act. Why would Maan do that?

This question has been haunting me for a week now. But since I promised him a divorce no matter what, I am proceeding with it. That's why I was glad for the kidnapping which gave me some more time to think things through. And about my safety, one thing I know for sure is that Papa and Maan won't let anything happen to me. So I am least bothered about these pricks.

Just as I expected, I hear fighting outside. I think Papa's men have already arrived. That was fast. I can see the door being pushed with such force that it comes off it's hinges. Who is so desperate to see me? I am almost flattered. And here comes my knight in shining armour. Though I half expected Maan to be there but it's a group of men from Papa's security detail. Where is Maan? So he didn't come? It was stupid of me to think he would care about me. Enough of him Nikhat.

I walk out of this place with the men surrounding me. I can feel it, Maan is here. I feel his gaze on me. Just come out already Maan. Stop this hide and seek game. I can't turn around also, I know he will understand whom I am trying to search and to boost his ego is the last thing I want. So I put my infamous poker face on and walk towards the awaiting car.

I am engulfed by Papa the moment I enter the mansion. I walk into the mansion and it doesn't feel like home anymore because home is where my man is who ofcourse isn't even bothered by me. " Princess, let's have some food before we put you to bed, shall we ?" Papa calls out and I can't help but think if Maan has eaten or not. He was always careless about his eating habits. I just nod at dad and get into my room.

*Next day*

I walk straight into Papa's study after I recieved the packet sent by Rida. " Papa, can I come in?"
"When have you ever needed permission to come here, beta?"  "Papa, I have something important to discuss with you if you are free" I say as I plop down before Papa.
He gestures me to continue, "Papa, I have decided to take up on your offer when you said I could end this marriage whenever I want to. I choose this moment for it all to end" I say as emotionless as possible. I forward the divorce papers towards him that I signed, " Please have this sent to Mr.Ahmed's place, if he signs immediately I believe the proceedings will begin in the next month" I finish.

Papa says nothing, and when he says nothing he is analysing things deeply. I hope I can hide my emotions from him this time,"One thing is clear beta, you love him. Then may I know your reason for this absurdity?" I am beyond shocked "Papa, how?"

"I am your Papa for a reason beta. What you don't say is audible to me, what you try to hide is very clearly visible to me. So don't play these games here and tell me what happened?" If he wants to know, I narrate him almost everything except the consummation part.

Papa is a patient listener and a deep analyser, a combination of which makes him stand out of the crowd. He is doing both things right now, "Nikhat, beta I have known the boy for ten years now and I know he always does what he does for others. He is as selfless as they come. There is some misunderstanding between the both of you, I assume.  When I chose him to be your life partner, I knew I made the best choice for you. I still stand by my words. You both need to talk it out. It's nothing a heart to heart conversation wouldn't solve"
"But Papa that guy won't open up at any cost. He likes to treasure his feelings like people treasure gold" which has Papa chuckling.

"Ok then, I have something in mind. Before that, tell me you want him or not?"

" I love him Papa, there is no doubt in that. But he has hurt me too much to let him off the hook so easily." I say everything from the bottom of my heart. Papa gets up from his place, patting my head, " Go ahead with your plan beta, I will manage the rest." And off he goes. Did he just agree to sending the divorce papers across? There is a reason Papa is the CM. Not everybody is capable to go into the depths of situation and device an evil plan for a fruitful outcome. My respect just increased for him.

I have half a mind to burn these papers where I had to force myself to sign. I am hoping you won't sign in this Maan. Fight this once for me. Otherwise, our love will forever be incomplete.

*Author's POV*

The papers are recieved by Noaman by evening and he is shattered to see her sign on them. He hadn't been eating properly for a while now, hence the weakness. He crumbles the papers in a heap and throws them into his dustbin. Just then, he recieved a call from Mr.Patel, "Noaman, my boy. How are you doing. Nikkhu said she wants to separate. She told me she wishes to settle in Chicago. Infact, she found a guy for herself. You know my good friend Amir right? He also happens to by my Finance Minister. His son Riyaz is the CEO of their inherited company whose headquarters are in Chicago. So both of them plan to get married immediately after the divorce and settle down there. I would appreciate if you sign the papers because now the threats have cleared and I am sure you are fed up with my daughter's tantrums" he says and Noaman can feel his world crumbling.

So she didn't even wait for a few weeks, planning to settle with some Riyaz guy who he bets is a rich jerk.
"Yes Mr.Patel, I will sign it as soon as I recieve it."
"Also we are arranging a party for celebrating our party winning the elections. You are officially invited there. Don't miss it, yeah?" He says.

" I will try to come, sir" Noaman replies and the call ends.

He is pacing back and forth in his lawn. This is what he wanted, for her to leave him and them both to go their own ways then why isn't he at peace?
Why does he feel like punishing her for even thinking about another man?

But he knows he is doing the right thing by letting her go. She deserves better than him, yes she deserves better.