13.

*Nikhat's POV*

I am getting ready for the party that Papa has thrown in honour of his people winning the election. I am wearing a royal blue saree with stone work on it. Papa asked Riyaz to be with me through out the party as it can get wild sometimes. Riyaz is an old friend, we have known each other since diapers. His outgoing personality is something that attracts everyone. He said he will meet me at the party entrance, we are going in together. How I wish Maan was with me right now. But he will be there.

*Party Venue*

I get down the car and wave at the media walking towards the huge hotel where the party is held. I spot Riyaz standing there, I wave at him.

"Nikkhu, you look gorgeous. How did the transformation from a chubby girl with pigtails to this diva occur?" He acts surprised and I laugh.

"Stop with the acting, will ya? Nobody is interested!" I retort. That's our thing. Bantering over the silliest of things.
"How did Chicago treat my friend here, hope there wasn't any problem, your highness?" I question. "None that I can think of, but if something goes wrong here, I'll definitely let you know milady!!" He says looping his arm in mine and we walk into the hall.

The moment I step in, all the eyes shift on us, I am used to the attention but one particular pair of eyes at the far corner of the hall have me shivering and I know my man is here. Let the show begin then. I look towards Riyaz and smile at him. He smiles back and leads us to where Papa is, he beckons me and introduces to some of his associates.

I spot Amir uncle there and walk to him greeting him with Riyaz. He smiles at me,"You grew up just like your mother Nikkhu. Elegant as ever" he says and I grin. That's a compliment I will forever cherish. "Ofcourse Papa, Uncle Wajid is lucky to have been blessed with two such beauties. Here stand poor us, with none in hand" he acts as if wounded and we laugh out loud at his antics.
"You always have me Rijju" I say and he furrows his eyebrows at the nickname just like all those years ago. He always does that when I call him Rijju. Amir Uncle laughs again, keeping his hand over my head, "Stay blessed beta" he says and I smile.

Sometime later the drinks are being given. Riyaz gives one to me. I can still feel Maan's burning gaze on me which flicks towards Riyaz for a while and then comes back to rest at me. I continue talking to a few associates and pretend I am having the time of my life when in reality I wish to be cocooned in my bed with a certain pair of arms around me. Guess not all wishes come true.

"Rijju, I need to visit the restroom. Tell  Papa I'm in the restroom if he asks me"
"All good right? Should I come with you?" " It's all good. Dont worry, I ll come back real quick, yeah?" "Right, go ahead" he nods and I make my way towards the restrooms.

I enter the first room I get and before I can lock, it's pushed open by a hand I know all too well, " You seem to be having the time of your life" he says venomously. I can see the jealousy clearly in his eyes.

"What I do or not has nothing to do with you. Now if you excuse me, I have people waiting on me" I say and try walking out only to be pulled into the room and I hear the click of the door indicating it's been locked. I look up into my favourite set of eyes, brewing with possessiveness but he won't tell. I roll my eyes trying to get out of his arms.

"How could you walk around with that jerk behaving like a couple when you are still married to me?" He lets out. I shrug nonchalantly.
"Just the way you decided to cheat on me , besides we aren't going to remain married for long anyway." I say.
"Stop this bullshit Nikhat. No matter what, you are still my wife and I won't let just any man walk about treating you as his"
"What can you do about it Mr.Ahmed?
Nothing. You can't do shit. Nor do you believe in this relationship. Stop threatening me for no reason" I shout and he comes so close to me, we are just a hair apart,"I can still very much control your body with a single touch jaana, don't try to test me" he whispers softly.