Experimentations

That night, Dad and I return home with all the decorations. I quickly head up the the tower and begin to decorate the room. Soon, the room looks similar to Christmas land, but it still gave a creepy vibe. I give Zero a candy cane while trying one myself.

I turn and see Dad reading through the books about Christmas with a confused face. "There's got to be a logical explanation about this Christmas thing." He ponders. His face soon light up in realization as he pulls out his scientific book from behind the pillow.

I yawn tiredly. "I'm gonna get some rest, Dad." I inform the tall skeleton. "Rest well, Dear." He bids. I nod and snuggle up on the makeshift bed next to him, happy to finally rest properly.

The next morning, I wake up to Dad's voice. "Zero. Y/n. I'm home!" I sit up to see Dad walking up the spiral staircase with a bag in hand. He sets the bag down and pulls out equipment. "What's going on?"

"I'm going to try to see the meaning of Christmas!" Dad says excitedly. "I'll need you to grab me some things." I nod and quickly go to help him.

He starts by trying to look at the berry of a mistletoe, but the microscope crushes it as he tries to look closer.

Dad then puts an electrified boiling water on the table and try to dissolve the Candy cane, but it comes out to look like a wet noodle.

Next, he reads a book to cut a folded piece of paper to look like a snowflake, but then it comes out as a spider. I wonder how that happened?

After that, he cuts open a bear and closely examine the stuffing while I look at the toy in disdain.

After hours, Dad takes an ornament from the tree. He holds it over a boiling beaker and crushes it to dust. Once the powder entered the water, the solution changed. I marvel over the newfound discovery as Dad says, "Interesting reaction, but what does it mean!?"

Iden's POV

The Doctor caught us and locked us up in the holding room, locking the door tight. We heard Jack come in for experiments, and we had to know why he needed the supplies. As we planned for our escape, we caught motion in the window of Jack's tower. "I don't think they had anything to eat." Sally concludes. I nod and we get to work on fixing them something.

After we were done, I put the key of the window that I took from the Doctor and open it. We lower the basket of food to the ground with the sewing machine in the room. I feel sad leaving this place for good, but when I lookup to the glowing tower, I can't help but smile as I jump down with Sally following.

I open my eyes to see all the limbs scattered. With no effort, we are able to assemble ourselves and stitch back up. After that, we begin our way to the home of the royals.

Doctor's POV

"You can come out now, if you promise to behave." I say as I enter the room. I look around but I can't locate either of the creations. "Sally? Iden?" I call, but no answer. Rage boils in me. "GONE AGAIN!" I smash the lamp on the floor and my lips twitch with frustration.

Back to you

I watch as Dad writes on the board, trying to figure everything out. I hum in deep thought before a thud behind me breaks my focus. I look behind me and see a basket full of food and drinks. I open the window as Dad is too busy with his problem. I gingerly take the basket off the string and look down to see what the meaning of this is.

My eyes are met with the same red and blue eyes from earlier and a warm smile. My eye sockets widen as I look at the basket and back down to see the boy is gone. I shrug my shoulders before turning back to Dad to show him our unexpected gift. I open the bottle and the aroma shows a beautiful butterfly. I smile as I plan on meeting this boy.

Sally's POV

I sigh in content as I see Iden twirl in pure joy after the window closes. I slide down my back to the wall. I notice some plants and take one to pluck the leaves. Soon, the plant turns into a beautiful tree muck like the one Jack and y/n showed the town.

I stare in wonder at the sight before gasping in fright when the tree sets ablaze and crumbles up.

"Oh, Sally! Did you see the look on her face? She absolutely loved it!" Iden tells me as we skips to me.

"Iden, look at this-" The lovestruck boy interrupts me. "Oh, I've got to talk to her! Maybe this time I'll have the courage!"

I sigh as I conclude he will not listen to me.

This is not a good sign. I have to tell Jack and Y/n.