Assignments

Dad shows off the band so they can practice Jingle bells, but a creepier version. Up walks Sally and Iden. Iden's face lights up when he sees me, but Sally gives me a hopeful look, to which I respond by shaking my head.

"Sally, Iden I need your help more than anyone's." Dad tells the pair. "You certainly do, Jack. I had the most terrible vision." Sally tells the man of bones. "That's splendid!" Jack says, not listening as he rummages in the chest. "No! It was about your Christmas, there was smoke and fire-" Dad interrupts my friend.

"That's not my Christmas. My Christmas is filled with laughter and Joy, and this!" Dad pulls out a drawing of himself, then shows another wearing Sandy Claws outfit. "I want you to make it."

Sally tries to speak, but he shows the girl off and addresses her companion. "Iden! I have something else in mind for you. You see, I would've ask y/n this, but I need her to stay here. Will you help me deliver the toys?" Iden snaps out of his daydream and gives Dad a shocked look. "Me?" He asks.

Iden's POV

Jack kneels down to me. "I need someone to help me on this holiday, and who but you could be perfect of going down the chimney and giving presents to little boys and girls with me?"

He then leans closer. "I also know how you feel about my daughter. You seem like a good kid, but I would like to know more about you to see if you have good intentions." He whispers.

My face heats up and I nod. "Of course sir! You can count on me!" Jack beams. "Wonderful! Now I wasn't sure if you'd be on board, so I didn't ask Sally to make you an outfit." I shake my head. "I can make my own, no sweat!" I rush off happy with this task.

Back to you

I watch as the boy rushes off, wondering what Dad told him. "Jack! Y/n! We caught him!" I snap my head and see the three kids return with a big sack on a wagon. "Caught who?" I ask. "Perfect! Open the bag." Dad ignores my question and rushes to the moving tub.

The bag opens and a huge pink bunny hops out. "That's not Sandy Claws." Dad realizes. 

"What?!" I ask in shock. "It isn't? Shock asks. "Who is it, then?" Barrel wonders aloud.

The bunny hops over to us and axe man yells in excitement "BUNNY!" Startled, the rabbit hops back in the bag and shakes in udder fear. "Not Sandy Claws. Take him back!" Dad orders.

"We followed your orders." Lock reasons. "We went through the door." Barrel chimes in.

"Which door? There are more than one. Sandy Clause is behind the door shaped like this!" Dad explains as he shows a cookie of the door.

Shock smacks her friends and they begin to fight. Dad sighs in frustration before scaring the three kids into submission. Dad turns to the bag and pats it gently. "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, sir." He then turns to the kids. "Take him home, first." The tub begins to walk out and the kids follow.

"Then apologize again. Be careful when you fetch Sandy Claws. Treat him nicely!" Dad orders. "Bye Y/n~" The three children say as they leave. The doors closes. Dad turns around and yelps when he sees me behind him. "Fetch Mr. Claws? YOU SENT THOSE TROUBLEMAKERS TO DEAL WITH AN ELDERLY MAN?!"

"N-now darling. Everyone else has their own tasks-" Dad tries to convince me, but I interrupt him. "I don't have a task. I could've talked to him."

The man thinks before saying his next choice of words. "You're making sure everything is going smoothly! You know the mayor can't handle well under pressure." He whispers the last sentence.

I open my mouth to keep arguing, but Dad goes to Axe to discuss his task. "This Christmas is going to end up in flames."

I'm sorry for the late update! Wattpad was acting funky earlier and I couldn't get in, forgive me!