Making Christmas

I stand off to the side lines and watch everyone work. My frown deepens as I think about how this peaceful bliss is blinding them from the doom they're preparing themselves. I look over to my left and see Sally working on Dad's outfit with a worried look on her face. Iden sits next to her with a sewing machine of his own, happily humming to himself and daydreaming about something.

My gaze returns to the town people once their singing filled the air, but this time I don't not wish to sing along with them.

This time, this time, making Christmas 

Making Christmas, making Christmas

 Making Christmas is so fine, it's ours this time

 And won't the children be surprised? 

It's ours this time, making Christmas 

Making Christmas, making Christmas 

Time to give them something fun 

They'll talk about for years to come 

Let's have a cheer from everyone 

It's time to party 

Making Christmas, making Christmas 

Snakes and mice get wrapped up so nice 

With spider legs and pretty bows 

It's ours this time 

All together, that and this 

With all our tricks, we're making Christmas time 

Here comes jack, 

Dad looks all around in wonder at what his town is making as a fond smile adorns on his face.

I don't believe 

What's happening to me? 

My hopes, my dreams, my fantasy

He the give a creepy laugh before looking behind him to see skeleton reindeers the doctor made. The flying creatures tilt their heads curiously at the sight of the man filled with pure joy and excitement. Dad then launches off one of his legs to go over and see how progress is going between all of them. 

Won't they be impressed? 

I am a genius 

See how I transformed this old rat Into a most delightful hat, mmm 

Dad looks at the monster and the hat examining it. he then decide to give off his own opinion on how to do better.

My compliments from me to you 

On this, your most intriguing hat 

Consider though this substitute 

A bat in place of this old rat, huh 

No, no, no, now that's all wrong 

This thing will never make a present 

It's been dead for much too long 

Try something fresher, something pleasant 

Try again, don't give up 

All together, that and this 

With all our tricks, we're making Christmas time 

This time, this time 

Making Christmas, making Christmas, na, na, na 

It's almost here and we can't wait 

So ring the bells and celebrate 

'Cause when the full moon starts to climb 

 We'll all sing out, "It's Christmas time"

I sit in a stool watching bitterly as Sally fixes the suit on Dad as Iden works on his. "You don't look like yourself, Jack. Not at all."

"Isn't it wonderful!?" Dad asks in excitement. "No!" I exclaim as I grab the Halloween picture of him. "This is you! You're king of the Pumpkin patch. You're stealing someone else's holiday! We're meant to bring fright, they're meant to bring joy." I explain, hoping to get it through his skull.

"Not anymore!" Dad snatches the board and destroys it with his knee. "I feel so much better now!" Sally tries to sympathize with him. "I know you feel like something is missing-" She accidently pricks him. Dad agrees and looks in the mirror to find it.

Iden glances at me. "Don't worry, Y/n. This will bring joy. To everyone in town and more." I stare at the boy. "But we only know how to scare! How are we supposed to bring joy when we don't know the first thing about it?" I ask.

Iden gives me a worried look, but before he could answer, someone cuts in. "Jack! Y/n! We got him!"